Chapter 43

Gilbert had a very particular taste when it came to lovers.

Well, first off, it had to be a man. He liked muscular men, ones with light hair and cheekbones so sharp they could slice your hand open. They had to be kind, and he usually liked men with softer voices. And blue eyes. Blue eyes killed him.

But Roderich- Roderich was so oddly mesmerizing. His dark chocolate hair, his beautifully violet eyes, his lighter skin, his thin and delicate form. His perfect posture, his magnificently defined face, his strange section of hair that always stood up no matter how much hair gel he used in an attempt to pin it down. His beauty was surreal to Gilbert, completely out of that world. He was the closest to perfection that anyone in that terrible and cold world could achieve. Some days, Gilbert wondered if Roderich was even human.

Anyway, The drive was long and tedious.

But Gilbert didn't mind.

The school had rented a school bus from one of the other local schools, and so the two houses were on a large school bus, which was nice because there was only about nine of them in total, so they had an entire bus for three whole hours. Roderich and Gilbert stayed at the back, away from most of the people, talking and laughing and complaining about things.

Overall, it was kind of fun.

The hotel was a large Holiday inn on the west side of bern, and it was tall and clean. It had two pools and a water park, and a restaurant. It was very fancy, Gilbert felt very out of place.

This was very, very obvious to Roderich, although no one else noticed.

It was mostly his body language. His shoulders were hunched, his hands deep in his pockets, his eyes darting around nervously. The nine of them (plus 4 staff members) waltzed into the lobby, the kids sitting down and lounging about while the adults signed in and got the room keys.

"Hey." Gilbert whispered to Roderich. "Do you have a swimsuit?"

"Yes, why?"

"Good. Because I wanna go swimming after. That waterslide looks fabulous."

Fritz turned around, and just kind of pointed to each of the nine kids in turn, counting them in his head to make sure they were all still there. Then he turned back around, talking to the person behind the desk. Mrs. Gamester then turned around, just kind of looking at the kids for a moment before she spoke up.

"Alright, kids, you're going to have to share rooms, okay? Roderich with Gilbert. Vash with Ludwig. Do it how you do the dorms, okay? And albin, you're lucky, you get a room to yourself."

There was cheering from albin, and Gilbert grinned. Finally, he could mess up a bed that he wouldn't have to clean the sheets of.

--------------------------------------

Swimming was... Interesting.

Roderich didn't go in the water. He had his swim trunks on, but he didn't go in the water. He didn't even get remotely wet. He followed Gilbert around, watching him. But he never went in the water.

Meanwhile, Gilbert learned how to swim. Sort of. He was still very bad at it, but at least now he didn't sink like a rock.

And now, he was absolutely exhausted. He flopped down onto his bed in his boxers, sighing slightly and stretching out. They'ed gotten room 233, which was two rooms away from old Fritz, just incase they needed anything. Everyone else was on the floor below them.