5. Night light

Lisa's POV

Tears came streaming down my face, unwillingly. I couldn't help but sob over the fact that I was leaving. I had to get back to reality. People like me never end up with people like Ian. I regret leaving him, without even saying good bye. I should have thanked him. I should have let him kiss me.

''Pete! Lisa is back!" Claire yelled.

I knew Peter wouldn't be glad I came back, and neither was I. I faked a smile and walked through the supermarket. Back to work, back to reality. But how could I, after an amazing night. I couldn't just forget and move on...

"Hey Claire." I flooded.

"Lisa, What happened? Tell ME! NOW!" She yelled.

I have never seen her more excited. I removed all the dramatic parts of the night and told them what happened.

"And then, as the building lights shimmered, Ian kissed me. It was so romantic." I explained.

I had seen Pete roll his eyes many times.

"Then what?" Pete asked. "You slapped him and walked away. You did what I told you, didn't you?"

"No, I didn't slap him. I let him kiss me. But still, Pete, nothing more happened. He returned me to my hotel and that's it.."

A smile on Pete's face had formed and a frown on claire's.

"That's it? Nothing else happened. You had Ian Somerhalder in your arms and nothing happened." Claire said anxiously.

I didn't want to lie, but nothing really did happen.

"Yup." I said, frowning.

I continued crunching chips while Pete paced back and forth practicing a speech.

"Pete, What are you doing?" I asked.

He seemed nervous, kinda before I got the call saying I won that date. His hands and knees were shaking and he was babbling to himself. Pete slowly calmed himself and sat in the chair next to me.

"Lisa, I was trying to tell you this before but things got in the way..." He said, taking a breath. " I have known you for almost half of my life. You are beautiful, funny and just great..."

I looked at Pete with confusion. He was babbling again, but I didn't get any of it. He seemed to be sweating...

"Peter, What are you trying to say?" I asked.

"Lisa, I lo----"

Pete stopped. He looked behind me and laughed a sarcastic smile, seemingly unbelieving what he was seeing. Suddenly, Claire screamed. I quickly ran to her...

"Claire! Claire, what is wrong?" I asked, frantically.

She was shivering, and just vibrating. Her finger moved and she pointed to the door. I looked back.

I wanted to scream, jump, smile, anything. But I was paralyzed. It was Ian. He stood there with his half smile and his blue eyes looking at me. Everything in my mind jumbled. I felt the way I felt when I first met him.

He came closer taking small steps and I met him half way.

"Hello, Lisa." He said, holding my hand.

Oh, That warm touch. I missed it.

"Ian..." I whispered. It barely came out. Ugh, There goes my nerves.

Before I could say anything more, he moved his hands towards my face and moved me towards him. He kissed me. It was almost like the first time, or maybe the second, or the fifth. It was all the same, but somehow different. I missed his soft kisses.