10. Paparazzi

Lisa's POV

Law school.

It was one heck of a day after debating a case which, honestly I had no interest in. I had completely forgotten about my education and work, stuck in my bubble called Ian Somerhalder. But now that he's not here, not that I don't miss him, I have time to catch up.

I do miss Ian, like crazy. I miss his voice, his warm breath, his kisses, everything about him. He had told me he had business in Atlanta and would be gone for a week. It had only been the second day without him, and believe me when I say I missed him.

But I can't have him at my mind all the time, I need to work.

I stood up in the court, pulling down my skirt professionally.

"Your honor, with all due respect, there is no solid evidence over the fact she murdered her father. I myself had gone over to the crime scene and saw many loving pictures of both of them together..." I said taking a breath. "Her alibi is strong. We made contact with the owners of the barber shop, announcing that she had gone out from the house only an hour before the incident. However, the evidence for this young man can't be ignored. The same barber shop owner and many other people Witnessed him entering the building about 5 minutes before."

"Have you got any evidence on how he escaped then?" the judge said with a plain expression on his face.

"Yes your honor, I do." I said with a smile. No one had known how he escaped, but all this free time without Ian had allowed me to search the scene. "I personally found a fibre caught on the window sil. taking a sample, I found out it is the same fibre and this sweater right here." I picked up the sweater that was in a bag and took it to the judge.

"This sweater was found with his DNA, in a trash can only two blocks away."

"I rest my case." I said down.

I smiled knowing how much evidence I ha provided to bring that bastard to jail. How can someone accuse the daughter of the victim? I mean she was only about 14, how could she manage to kill her own father.

After they deliberated the man to be guilty and the teenager to be innocent, everyone clapped, including my boss, Ryan.

I walked out of the room and into the wide hall, grabbing a cup of coffee. All that talking had made me tired.

"You were amazing." Ryan said.

Ryan was the head committee of lawyers in the state of Boston. He was quiet handsome, green eyes and sleek brown hair.

I smiled a warm smile and thanked him.

"I want you to come my office after lunch. I have a proposition to offer you." He smirked walking away.

I couldn't help my excitement. There is a little part inside of me hoping to god I would get the promotion I've been pinning for, for so long. If I got this raise, id be able to pay off any debt me and my mother owned. I've been needing this job opportunity for a long time.

I called up Ian excited with the news! I couldn't wait to hear how happy he would be for me.

-"Ian!" I screamed.

"Is everything ok?" he asked.

Oh how I missed his husky voice. I missed him much more than I did a moment ago, if that was even possible.

"Yes... everything is more than ok!"

"What happened?"

"Well... firstly I won my first case! And my boss might give me that promotion I told you about!"