26. The death of one

Mathew's POV (first time!)

I paced in the hall not being able to sit. If I sat down, then my mind would wonder.
Lisa.
I can't believe this happened. Why would something so bad happen to someone who is practically an angel.

"Mr.Cutshall?" the doctor said.

I spun to see him holding a clipboard with a sympathetic look on his face.

Oh god, if you let her live... I'll be better. I'll give money to more charities... and be a better person.

"Yes." I said nervously.

"Well Lisa is out of surgery and she has succeeded. She is very lucky, since the impact of the car should have killed her..."

She's a survivor, she's very strong. I already know that.

"And.." I said sensing for there to be more to his words.

"I'm not sure you knew, or even she knew... but Mrs.Cutshall was pregnant."

Holy shit.
Lisa was... pregnant with my child.

"Was?"

"The metal from the other car landed in between her stomach and pancreas. It was still an embreyo about 6 weeks old."

A small tear fell from my face.
I would have been a father, with the woman I loved.

"I'll leave you to yourself, but you can visit her." He said before walking away.

I walked to her door, opening it when I saw her. There she was, laying on the bed with her eyes closed and a monitor hooked up in her.
I sat beside her as I finally let the tears fall.

My life was so perfect. It would have been so perfect.
I would have a child with the woman I love since...

I was about to...

"Matt?" I heard a light voice whisper.

I whipped my head up to find Lisa's eyes opened slightly with a feeling of worry.

______________

Lisa's POV

Black was all I saw and felt. I could hear sounds but non that was clear. Suddenly the sound of a beeping caught my attention.
The beeping was like... a heart monitor.

I couldn't move. I tried moving a finger, or my toe but it was a failure. It felt like having no muscles to move.

The beeping and the noises got louder as it soon felt easier to move. I slowly opened my eyes only to be hit by a bright light.

As I tried moving my hand, I saw that someone was holding it.
Looking up, I saw a familiar set of green eyes.
I know him.

"Matt?" I asked as he smiled.

"Hey." he whispered.

"Where am I?" I said as a tear fell off my face. "What happened?"

"You were in a car crash... You're in the hospital." He frowned.

"I... I was coming to you." I said.

I saw him move away from me uncomfortably. His lips reached his chin frowning.

"It's my fault. It's all my fault." he said.

I suddenly grabbed his face in my hands, feeling a pain in my ribs that I ignored. I wiped away a tear that had fallen as I smiled weakly.
That's when I looked at him, really looked. His hair was messed up and looked like he hasn't slept in days.
He looks... miserable.

"It's not your fault. " I smiled. "I was the one that was driving."

"But I told you to come. If I hadn't then you wouldn't be here. "

A knock interrupted our intense staring.

"Mrs. And Mr.Cutshall?" a doctor said entering the room.

"Yes." Matt said.

I was still stunned by the doctor calling me mrs.cutshall.

"Well I have good news and bad news." He said.

"Good news first." I said

"The surgery was successful and you're healing very fast."

"Bad news?" I asked afraid.

"The fetus died." He said blankly.

"Fetus? as in baby?" Iasked.

I whipped my head to Matt who was frowning with his eyes down.

"Was I pregnant?" I asked a tear running down my face.

"Yes."

All the tears I tried to hold down suddenly fell.

I was pregnant. I had a baby, another life living in me and now it's dead.
I felt matts strong arms wrap around my body as I broke down.
His hands ran up and down my back as his shirt got wet with every tear that fell from my face and into his shirt.

"Shhh... it's okay." Matt said.

I suddenly pushed his arms away from me.

"Everything is not okay. I was pregnant, and now... He's dead." I cried.

"I know. I know. But it was barely 7 weeks old. It was the size of a lemon seed." He frowned.

"But it was still growing." I sighed. "Mathew, please. Go home, I need to be alone for a couple of hours. Go take a shower, sleep and eat. Come back later."

"Alright." he said saving me the argument.

"I love you." Was all he said before he left the room.

I closed my eyes and tried to push away the tears that threatened to fall.
I heard the rattling of the door knob as I held my head in my hands.

"Mathew, I said I want to be alone." I cried.

"I needed to see you." was all the other person said before I whipped my head up.

"Ian?"

Authors note

Surprise! Lisa was pregnant, with Mathews child.
Hate me, love me, want me. I don't know.

I would love to know what you think about everything that happened, and what you think will happen.

Please comment, vote and read.

Love, AnnabelleR