25. Dreams

I layed there in the bed that wasn't mine, wrapped in sheets that made me warm as I stared at Mathew.

"I love you." Mathew said as his fingers moved through my hair.

"I love you too." I smiled. "And I wanted to thank you for what you did today."

"It was nothing. We just showed our affection."

"But it meant more to me than that. My ex... he was being an ass and that girl..." I frowned. "I was weak."

"No. No you weren't. You were the complete opposite. You came in and acted like a professional finishing the work. And you were the mature one and said good bye. I'm proud of you." He smiled "but it would've helped if you're ex wasn't an actor and his girl was a model."

I giggled moving myself closer to him until there was no gap between us.

"This is weird. There I was, only 4 months ago, still crying over him with no job. But here I am, in the same bed as the one I love, and my boss."

"I guess having me in your life made it better..."he smirked.

"Yes. You made my life better." I smiled. "But still... you're my boss."

"And you're my employee."

I slowly closed my eyes and allowed myself to drift off into a dreamless sleep.
"I am in love with you." Was the last thing I heard before finalll dozing off.

The next morning, I had awoke to the sound of plates cracking so I assumed Matt was in the kitchen.
I grabbed a towel and entered the bathroom, opening the steamy hot water.
I sighed feeling relief as the water hit my body, allowing all parts of my body to relax.

I heard noises that I instantly ignored getting back to my thoughts.
I thought of what happened yesterday, between me and Ian.

How could he come to me like that.. touch me like that so normally? he was playing with me, checking if I was over him yet.
But he had some truth to his accusation.
Why hadn't I removed the necklace? am I still not over him?
I mean I think I am...

after I finished my shower, I made Matt drop me at my apartment to grab a change of clothes to which I changed into before I had slept over.
I smiled looking myself in the mirror. I hadn't actually washed my hair because I was thinking too much, but my hair stood dry after I had blow dried it and put it in a bun.
I wore my floral blouse and tried to zip up my pencil skirt. But the zip wouldn't budge.

I walked out of the room an into the kitchen setting up the coffee machine for both me and Matt.

I put all my weight on one leg as the other rubbed against it. I poured two cups of coffee and set it on the table beside my pencil skirt.

"You're so sexy." I heard Matt say.

I turned to find him standing beside the edge of the counter, staring at me up and down.

"Here's your coffee..." I smiled "and I need you to help me with my skirt. The zipper won't budge even if I'm not wearing it." I said

Matt just stood in his suit glaring over my body, which resulted in me biting my lip.

"Come on. We can do what you want to do when we get home. We have work." I smile taking the last sip of my coffee and turning to place it in the sink.

Once I turned, I found Matt behind me, pressing me against the sink.

"We can be a little late." he smirked.

"I don't think my boss would like that. He's some sort of a prick that likes punctuality."

"Oh I know you're boss won't mind." He chuckled.