28. The lakeside view

"Ok, so I got you three dresses." Jessica said taking each one out of the duffel bag she had brought.

I sighed as I stared at the choices she showed me. The first one was red, right and short which I definitely wasn't going to wear. The second was a dress whose top was purple and bottom was black. It reached to my knees and flowe whenever I moved.

The third was the winner, it was a navy blue dress that was short in the front but long from the back. It hugged my tight was and my upper torso, having a v neck. Strapless, long and not to showy.

"I hate you for thinking I would've worn the first choice." I said staring blankly at her.

"Oh I knew you wouldn't wear it. I just thought maybe you would change your mind and try to impress." She smiled

I just shrugged and entered the bathroom and started getting reading. The dress seemed to make my cleavage bulge out which I didn't really like, so I pulled it up. I basically defeated the whole purpose of wearing this dress, but I didn't care. I had applied a little amount of make up which Jess had helped me with. Slipping on my flats, thanking god I wasn't in heels, I walked out of the room only to find a smiling Mathew.

"Hey." I smiled walking out to where he stood.

"You are... more than beautiful." He smirked handing me one small red rose.

I shrugged off the idea that Mathew didn't know my favorite color rose after 4 months dating when Ian knew mine on the third date.

"Thank you." I smiled back.

Mathew took a step closer, eliminating whatever space was left and crashed his lips onto mine. His hands held my face as they fell, caressing my neck and waist.

Backing up to catch our breaths, he held my hand an lead us out of the hospital.

"So where are we going?" I asked as Mathew got Into the car.

"It's a surprise." He smirked starting the engine.

"Oh come on... I wanna know." I smiled playfully grabbing his hand.

"It wouldn't be a surprise if i told you, now would it?" he said holding my hand back.

"Fine." I slumped.

It only took us about ten minutes to get to some park. It wasn't central park although it seemed large enough. There were no people on the street, which began to creep me out.

I walked beside Mathew as we went through a group of trees and I soon realized it was like a forest

"I hope this isn't where I get killed." I giggled trying to break the silence.

"If I wanted to kill you, I would've done it the first time we met, not two months after."

Wow, way to lighten up the mood

"I'm kidding. I'm definitely joking. I love you more than anything in the world and I wouldn't know how I would live if anything happened to you." he smiled grabbing y waist as we walked.

"Well now I feel so much better." I said sarcastically

We walked, our body close so that I was warm. In the distance I saw a set of lights an smiled. Getting closer, I realized it was a picnic.

"We are here." he smiled as we sat onto the blanket.

There was a cliche basket that sat in the middle with a bottle of champagne and two glasses. I smiled at Mathew before sitting beside him.

"I should've worn something more comfortable." I said.

"Nah, you look gorgeous. It's nice to dress up sometimes." He smirked kissing my cheek.