19. Coffee shop

The week went by so quickly, and it went normal. I finally quit my job at Walmart but not before working for a couple of days. I hung out with Claire a lot since I might be moving. We promised to call each other everyday and see each other every weekend. Besides, we were only a train ride of an hour and 10 dollars away.

I did try my best to patch things up with pete since he was my best friend, but all he did was ignore.

So here I am, sitting in a cafe waiting for my soon to be boss to show up.

Taking a sip of my mocha frapocinno (something I've never tried, but I was feeling good) I continued to read my book.

Reading jane Austen reminded me of one thing, and one thing only. Ian.

"Ghhm..." someone cleared their throat.

I looked up meeting a set of gorgeous green eyes looking down at me. Smiling, I set down the book.

"Umm... hi." I said.

Mathew sat down smiling, and that was when I realized what he was wearing. He was wearing a blue shirt that hugged his biceps and showed a bit of his 6 pack. He wore simple navy blue pants.

"Hello lisa." he smirked

Looking down at my outfit, I seemed to be a over dressed. I was wearing a flowing white skirt that reached my knees with a tank top and a jacket.

"I feel a little over dressed." I smiled

"Actually, you look perfect. Although I'm wondering why you're wearing a jacket since it's really hot."

Nervously, I took off my jeans jacket, but kept my scarf on since my top was too open.

"Now isn't that Better?"he said.

I smiled taking another sip and crossed my legs. The waiter came and took Mathew's order and left, leaving us alone.

"So, now we will talk business first so I can take you out later." he smirked.

His words hit me like a punch in the face.

"Take me out?" I repeated.

"Just for dinner. don't worry, professionally."

For some reason I didn't believe him.

We talked for about an hour about my arrangements. He told me they would give me a first months pay to find myself an apartment. He offered to get me one, but I refused. He informed me that I would start working by the end of the week after I have settled down.

We shared a couple of laughs and smiles. Mathew wasn't actually a bad guy even though the things I've heard of him oppose.

"You're not what people said you were..." I spit out regretfully.

Why did I say that.. please don't let him notice.

"What people said.... what did people say about me?" He asked not so innocently.

"Umm... uh.. it's just I was nervous for our interview, I had a lot things on my mind. And just heard things..."

Please settle for my answer.

"What things?" he asked but a little more politely now.

"Oh, um. They just told me that you might have been a pain in the ass."

He just smiled and looked out the window.

Oh no! I blew my only chance of getting a decent well paying job.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. If it helps you are completely what they said. And I'm not just kissing your ass, I'm French kissing it."

Now that got him laughing, and one that I haven't heard from him before.

"You are very different." he continued laughing

"In a good way?" I asked

"In a very good way." he smirked. "You know why I gave you the job on the spot?"

"Why?"

"Because you are not what I expected and exactly what I need." He whispered leaning over "I mean what the company needs... Besides, I like your bluntness and your sarcastic sense of humor. I like you."

Those last three words sent a rush of blood to my cheeks, probably making me look like a tomatoe.

I looked down biting my lip by habit, playin with my fingers.

"Um... uh... umm thanks." I muttered nervously.

"You're not used to compliments are you?" he said leaning over the table even more.

"Not from strangers, and not from my boss." I answered.

He laughed sitting back onto his chair.

"I'm sorry for complimenting you. Especially since what happened at your last job."

I totally forgot I had told him, so I sat there fiddling with my fingers. Trying to get the courage to speak up.

"Come on, let's take a walk..."

Author's note

I know this one was short but, I promise the next chapter is long. And now for most of you for hating me for breaking them up, and for getting a new love interest... Please just wait. I might just turn things around

Please...

Comment, vote and add to your library.

Love, AnnabelleR