27. Hospital

I sat up straighter looking at the certain blue eyed man I loved. Not caring about how bad I looked, even though I'm sure I looked that I was hit by a car, which literally happened. I watched as Ian took the seat that Mathew previously occupied beside me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked my voice unintentionally harsh.

"I just needed to see if you were fine." he smiled lightly.

I still couldn't stop from staring at him. How handsome he looked without even trying.

I remember waking up before him at times, and just glancing at his perfection. How his hair was messed up sexily, or even how Ian wearing a maroon red shirt outlined his muscles.

"How did you even find out?" I asked

"I hope you didn't forget, but I'm Ian somerhalder." He smirked

"I didn't." I faked a smile "now that you've checked up on me, which you didn't need to do, you can leave me alone."

He sat there silent for a moment, looking as if he was debating something in his head.

"I'm sorry." was all he said.

"About what?"

"The accident... losing your baby... US."

I didn't know I was crying until the tear fell to my fingers.

I couldn't be vulnerable around him, I couldn't let him think of me like this.

So I stayed strong.

"The accident... nor losing the baby was your fault. There's no need to be sorry."

"You're so strong." He whispered, standing up only to sit on the hospital bed beside me. "I always knew you were... but you don't have to be strong now. Not around me. It must hurt, knowing that you had something living in you."

"If god didn't want me to have... the baby then he... must have a reason." I said crying.

I think I was trying to convince myself more than Ian.

Ian bent over, his chest a few inches away while he kissed my forehead. That's when I broke down.

I broke down faster than a car on a highway with a damaged engine

Because that's what I was, a damaged human.

"Lisa..." he whispered as he wrapped his very strong arms around me.

I layed my head on his chest, taking in his light Cologne that used to, and still drives me crazy.

I held onto his chest like my whole life depended on it as he simply ran his hand up and down my hair.

"What did I do to deserve this?" I cried. "I know I should've been punished but not the baby. I was going to be a Mother God damn It."

I just yelled and screamed all my thoughts and feelings. It felt good to be in Ian's arms again, him holding me the way he always did.

I was in the same position with Mathew yet if hadn't felt this good.

As soon as I realized how I had cried miserably on Ian, I sat up no longer holding Ian and just closed my eyes.

"I'm sorry for breaking down like that." I said.

"You needed to do it, and I was your shoulder, more like your chest to cry on." He tried to lighten the mood.

"Ian?" I asked.

"Hmm?"

"Why are you really here?"