37. Finding what you lost

Ian's POV

I stood infront of cupboard in the kitchen scanning through the food.
A pack of peanuts caught my eye, not because I wanted it but because I remember Lisa telling me she was allergic.
Why would she have a bag of peanuts if she was allergic?
Was it mine?

I reached up and took the bag, examining it before fully opening the back.

It's just a bag of peanuts.
I smiled.

I took it with me as I sat down on the couch finding something to watch. I pushed my Hand into the bag of peanuts when something met my hand. I grabbed it taking it out of the bag and soon realized what I was holding.
A black velvet box.
I slowly opened it to find a beautiful engagement ring... it was my mothers.

Now I know. I was so serious with Lisa that I wanted to marry her, to spend the rest of my life with her.

In a flash the memory of going to my mother asking for her blessing. Then all together a group of moments with Lisa entered my mind.
They were almost random. Taking a shower together, feeling alone when she wasn't with me. Seeing her in the arms of a man in her kitchen.
Everything came back.

Everything.

_____________

Lisa's POV

I took a sip of my mocha frappe and my phone began to ring.

"Hello Edna." I smiled as I sat in a coffee shop.

"Hello darling. I've missed you." She replied

"I've missed you too. how are things with rob,bob and robyn?"

"Oh you know. Robyn and Bob are very well and Robert is still a pain the ass." we both giggled lightly at her humor. "I was wondering how you and Ian were doing?"

"Oh... he's fine and so am I." I frowned

"What about his memories, dear?" she asked

"Well he gets small flashbacks, which I'm so grateful for, but sometimes I just feel sad."

"About what?"

"It's just, I love him, with everything in me and he doesn't seem to remember me. It's been a week and he still doesn't remember. What if he never remembers me, ma?"

"Oh child, he loved you too much to just forget and never remember. I know deep in my heart that he will one day wake up and remember. Darling don't you worry." she said.

"Thank you Edna. I don't know what I've done to deserve your kindness and I'm so grateful. For you and your son."

"Don't worry dear. I love you, take care of yourself. Bye." She replied.

I smiled and closed the phone feeling the closer I needed.

Ian will remember. He will because he has to.