38. Forwarding surprises

Lisa's POV

I smiled as I looked down at my dress. I was wearing the same one I wore to Ian and I's first date.
He had asked me on a date yesterday after I had talked to his mother.
Yesterday, after I ran my short errands, I came home to Ian on the couch sleeping.
That one moment made me absolutely sure I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.
I wanted to come home to him and find him on the couch, or in the kitchen or even on the bed. I just wanted to be with him.

"Babe, are you ready!?" Ian asked from behind my room door.

"Just a minute!" I yelled back.

I looked at myself one last time, noticing my huge grin and walked out of the room.

"You look even more beautiful than you did on our first date. And you were stunning then." Ian smiled holdin his hand out.

"Thanks." I smiled. Then realizing what he said, I felt stunned. "You remember?"

"Of course I do. You opened the door and I instantly fell in love with your beauty, and it helped that you were holdin my favorite book author."

I smiled remembering the memory as well.
I was so nervous back then. who would've thought that I would've been through all of this with Ian?

"I actually have it with me now." I smiled taking out the small book from my large purse.

Ian smiled at me as we walked out of the building. A limo had reached my vision.

"A limo?" I asked.

"Yes. I am replaying our first date, bits and pieces though, not the whole thing. " He smirked and lead me to the car.

I was jumping up and down like a high school cheerleader right now. But not because of the limo, but because Ian remembered our first date. That's some kind of progress right?

It was about an hour drive to where we were going. In that time, both Ian and I spoke about everything and anything. It was nice just talking small talk, and not a heavy conversation.
When we arrived, I soon realized where we were.
Long Island beach.
I've always wanted to go ever since I moved to New York but never really got the guts.
I remember telling the old Ian, but not this Ian.
Did he remember?

"Come on." Ian smirked as I exited the limo.

I smiled as Ian and I walked hand in hand down the beach. Both of is bear foot with our shoes in our hands.
I smiled just looking at the moonlight shining over the ocean.

"The view is beautiful." I smiled looking back at an even better view, Ian.

"You are more beautiful."

I blushed when he complimented me and he squeezed my hand tighter.

"Even after knowing me for almost a year, you still blush at my compliments."

I blushed even reder when he smirked.

Then Ian abruptly stopped, pulling me to stop with him. I turned and looked to him.

"Is there something wrong? are you alright?" I asked my hands cupping his face.

"Yes I'm fine. We're here." he smirked as he pointed behind me.

I turned to find a table surrounded by white roses and small candles. It was under a large tent making the scene gorgeous.

"Wow." I smiled walking towards the table.

"I was hoping for that reaction." He smiled as he pushed the chair for me to be seated, like a gentleman.

"Thank you." I smiled. "For everything."