23. The morning after

The light that shined through the curtains woke me up. I kept my eyes closed for a few minutes trying to get my brain to wake up.
When I suddenly had a feeling of eyes watching me, I opened my eyes only to meet a familiar green one.

"Good morning cupcake... " Mathew smiled.

I smiled looking back at him as his hand gripped my waist, pulling me closer so that our bodies were touching.

"Good morning to you too Mathew." I said giggling as I rested my head on his chest.

"What?" I asked only for him to smile back at me.

"I want to kiss you." he smirked.

"Matt... I have morning breath." I giggled "let me go brush my teeth. "

I sat up only to get pulled down and wrapped my large muscular arms.
Once I looked up at Matt with a questioning look, he grabbed my face and kissed my cheek.

"You're so beautiful." he smiled running his fingers through my hair.

I lightly blushed as his fingers traced my body.

"I love it when you blush. And I love waking up next to you."

"I like waking up next to you too."

"I love you." he smiled

Wait... what?!

"Umm..." was all that could escape my lips.

Did Mathew just say that he loved me?

"Don't freak out. I do, I love you. You don't have to tell me just yet because I still don't know if I'm IN love with you. I know that I love being with you, speaking to you, kissing you..."

"Oh."

Love?
love is a strong feeling.
How does he know that he LOVES me?
But more importantly, do I love him?
No, not yet. I don't. I certainly have a crush on him, maybe like him. But love?
Love was what I felt with Ian and I felt no where like that with Matt.
Yes he makes me happy, and I like spending time with him.
But what I had with Ian was way more than that...

Could I ever love Matt? could I ever love anyone the way I loved Ian?

"I'm gonna go make breakfast... what do you think about pancakes?" he asked me getting up.

When he stood off the bed, and walked towards the kitchen.

"Umm.. not pancakes. What about eggs and some toast?" I asked thinking back to the time I had pancakes with Ian.

"Sure." he smiled. "if you want to take a shower, the towels are in the first cupboard."

"Okay."

Once he left the room, I layed back down.
Pancakes... that's what Ian and I ate the morning after. How come I couldn't bring myself to eat it with Matt?
It's just a breakfast... it means nothing.

Or does it?

I took a quick shower, washing my body off clean. After I finished, I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my body.
Walking out, I opened matts closet only to see a bunch of suit and ties. Grabbing one of his shirts and a tie, I wore it and headed out of the room.

A delicious smell hit my nose as I walked towards the kitchen.

"Wow Matt. It smells delicious." I smiled hugging him from behind as he flipped the omelet.

"I know. I'm pretty good at what I'm doing." He smiled placing the cooked egg on a set of two plates.

"I can tell."

After Matt finished setting up the table, he turned around with a look of surprise.

"Wow..." he smirked looking over my body.

"I didn't have anything else to change into so I just grabbed a shirt. And I also wanted to see what the fuss was with women wearing men's shirts..." I giggled as he wrapped his hands around my waist.

"And what do you think?"

"Eh... I think it looks better on you." I smiled wrapping my arms around his neck allowing my fingers to light massage the back of his neck.

"I beg to differ." he said leaning in to kiss my cheek.

"I'm hungry..." I giggled "and if I don't eat right now, I'll end up eating you."

"I wouldn't mind that." he smirked.

I quickly slapped his arms as I took my plate and sat on the floor, my back against the couch.

"You're a pervert"

After eating breakfast and fooling around for a while, we decided to head out and take a walk. We both walked in a small park, holding hands and just smiling.

Life was sweet with Mathew. He was sweet, and good to me. He was generous, caring and he loved me.

Then why can't I love him?

Author's note

Now this was just a chapter I wanted to write. I wanted to put a smile on your faces, for those of you who ship Lisa and Matt together.

Please don't be mad at me for bringing Matt into the picture.
Please keep reading. It'll get better.

Love, AnnabelleR