21. Office room

One week passed, allowing me to finally settle down in my new apartment.
It was perfect for me, although I had a room mate. Our apartment was some what like a loft. The kitchen over looking the small living room, and two bedrooms.
My room mate, Emily, is 19 and looking to make her dream come true. which is to become famous.

Me and Mathew hung out some more, talking about work an our pasts. I think we really have a lot In common, from the happy to the sad things in life.

I had to soon accomplish my first day of work.

My phone rang distracting me from wearing my clothes. Letting it ring for a couple of minutes while I did my bra, I finay picked up my phone.

"Hello?" I said.

"Good morning cupcake." a familiar male voice said.

"Hey mathew." I replied smiling.

I guess it was like this most mornings. He would call to check up on me and invite me somewhere. I think we've gotten close.

"Nope. I'm mr.cutshall to you today."

"Well then I'm the new girl, Lisa." I giggled.

"I'm going to pick you up in a half hour so we can go together. Get dressed, maybe something like what you wore for our interview. We have some guests."

"Alright, fine. See you later." I smiled

"Bye."

And I hung up the phone continuing getting dressed.

I grabbed a granola bar from the kitchen, while my roommate watched tv. She was an addict for that thing.
We had become great friends alone with my friend at work. I was happy knowing I was settling fine.

Saying goodbye to her, I went down the hall to the elevator, getting me to the lobby.

As I walked out of the reception, I jumped Into mathew's porsche.

"Nice ride." I smiled.

"I knew you'd like it." he smirked.

His smile was not like others and I guess that he made nervous and blush.
We drove to the tall building I admired so much, and entered acting like professionals.
Mathew was no longer the guy that I would have silly conversations with, he is now my boss. I can't do anything to ruin that.

We walked through to the elevator, pressing the number to the 25th floor.

"I can't be serious for that long." he laughed.

"Shh... we are supposed to be professionals, you are my boss." I giggled.

"Fine." He smirked stepping out of the elevator once it reached out floor.

Mathew had told me we were going to meet a company that would sponsor some of our cases. He told me that I had to be civil. So that's exactly what I did.

"As you can see here, this murder case of well over due. We have no evidence over the suspect since the body of the victim has been vandalized." An old man said.

I looked around the large table, seeing only old people. Me and Mathew were the only young ones.
Everyone nodded their heads in agreement, by my mouth was just itching to be open.

"But sir, the body wasn't completely Burnt and vandalized. I went over to the morgue in weekend, and found apart of her fingers were partially saved." I stated.
Once the first word came out of my mouth, everyone spun their heads towards me, even Mathew.

"Was there any evidence?" the old man asked looking both surprised and annoyed.

I suddenly regretted opening my mouth.

"Yes. their was part of scratched skin under her nails identified as male. I sent it to the lab to get more information." I said.

The old man sat back down looking at me with shock. And so did everyone else.

"Well, good job then." He smiled a weak smile.

I felt Mathew's hand on my bare thigh, trying to congratulate me I guess. But his hands kept getting higher until I finally stopped him.

"What are you doing?" I whispered to Matt.

"I've never seen anyone talk to my father like that, let alone make him smile." He muttered back.

"He's your father?"

"Why else would everyone be kissing his ass?"

I giggled not noticing our hands were joined. Moving it away nervously, Matt inched closer to my ear.

"I like you." He murmured sending chills through my body.

***

After the meeting finished, Mathew offered me to drink something with him in his office.

"I can't believe you spoke to him like that." he smiled taking a sip of wine from his glass.
I had gladly refused to drink since I would be caught drinking on the job.

"I just told him what I found."

"No one speaks to him. They just nod their heads."

"Like bobbleheads... " I giggled.

I watched As Mathew set down his cup on his desk and walk towards me with a smirk. I was standing against the wall when he came to me.

"I'm glad I hired you." he whispered his face only cms away.
I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable with how close he was. I wasn't sure whether he was drunk or not, since he only had about a sip of wine.

I looked up at Matthew, who was wearing a smirk, moving his face closer to mine. I felt his hands move to my waist holding me tight.

"Mathew, what are you doing?" I asked nervously.

"I'm going to kiss you." he stated.

But before I could object, his lips crashed onto mine. My eyes were wide open with shock until I finally realized what he was doing. Moving my hands onto his chest, I pushed him away.

"We can't." I said.

"Why not?" he whispered coming closer, this time pushing me hard onto the fall. He took a step closin the gap between us before moving his lips onto mine once again.

I finally gave in and responded to his kiss. My hands traveled up his chest, to his neck and into his hair. Fiddling around and pulling his hair. I hugged him.
Something inside me stirred.
Ian.
I missed him. Kissing Mathew wasn't the same and I didn't like it.

I pushed Mathew away, my hands on his chest.

Mathew stood their with shock, his hair sticking in many directions while his tie was lose.

"Because your my boss." I said trying to straight out my clothes and hair.

"I've never wanted anything more in my life, Lisa. That was... amazing." He smirked.

"It wasn't supposed to happen." I said nervously as he pushed me once more against the wall.
His hit breath filled my neck as he whispered in my ear.

"But it did happen." He murmured.