15. Differences

I ignored all my drama for only a couple of hours, trying hard to concentrate on my case. I didn't want to face my boss but what could I do. I worked for him.

Thankfully my sadness and depression hadn't affected my work skills since I won my case. Happily, my boss didn't speak to me nor did I actually see him.

Walking out the court room I was harassed of a tight hug by non other than Claire.

"Claire?" I said slightly hugging her back.

No I wasn't upset that she hasn't called me or seen me for the past 2 weeks. I just wasn't in the hugging mood.

"Lisa. I'm so sorry for not talking to you for the past week..."

2 weeks.. I thought.

"I've just been.... working some thing out. I know that isn't the best excuse but it's the truth. I know I should have texted or called but I just needed sometime alone." she said all in one breath.

Taking her back into a warm hug, I whispered. "It's ok."

"Thanks Lisa. Now, let's go somewhere and talk. I've missed you." she said.

I instantly agreed knowing that I too needed to talk to her and get things off of my mind.

"Where are we going?" I asked, wondering.

I thought that we would be heading to the diner that we always Go to after work but we weren't going the right way.

"I just needed to stop by somewhere first. " she smirked.

Now I've been friends with Claire for more than 10 years... and knowing someone for that long, you can tell what their up to.

Her smirk told me she was planning something but I ignored it.

We stopped infront of a very familiar area that I once went to.

The valley!

Wait, I hadn't told anyone about this place other than..... Ian!

I exclaimed in both my head and out loud. There he was, standing infront of the car was Ian.

I've missed him with all my heart yet I was still heartbroken. It was just yesterday I made a pack with myself, that I would fall out of love with Ian and completely forget him. But the problem is, just looking at him made my heart beat faster.

Nervously, I got out of the car and walked towards Ian.

What I did next isn't what I expected to do.. I hugged him.

It was the part of me that still was in love with him that hugged him. I felt him hug me back after a moment.

After I was satisfied by just him holding me, I backed away.

I watched as Ian's mouth opended, obviously going to say something when I slapped him.

Now I was the one who slapped him. The part of me that didn't forgive him for breaking my heart.

"I deserve that." he said touching his cheek.

"Yes... you do." I said, going up on the tip of my toes and kissing his cheek lightly. "I'm sorry.... but you are the cause for all my mixed emotions.."

As I was about to turn away and enter back into the car, I felt Ian's hand grab my wrist and pull me back.

The moment I crashed onto his chest, our lips touched. If I said I wasn't surprised I'd be lying. I did somehow hope that he would kiss me.. but I just couldn't kiss him back.

(Editing) On a date with Ian SomerhalderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara