32. Nightmare

Lisa's POV

It's been a week. An entire week. 7 days... Since Ian was in the crash.

When I first heard the news, I literally dropped the glass that I held previously held. Then stubbornly, I rushed to wear my shoes, but in the process I stepped on glass. That was when I broke down.
I didn't cry for long because I knew I had to see ian, but then yet again, since I was a wreck, I somehow got pieces of glass on my hand and under my elbow.

I didn't Even do anything but run out of the room and into my car.
It only took me about 5 minutes to get to the hospital.
I rushed through the hospital, and when I reached the room that had Ian undergoing surgery, I stopped.

There he was, lying unconscious on the surgery table getting opened by doctors.
That was when I broke down.
I couldn't handle it, so I sobbed for an hour straight until a nurse realized I was bleed.

So skip forward 6 days of crying, no sleeping and eating, and here I am.
Lying beside a motionless man that I can hardly recognize.

Ian has bashes and cuts on his face that are patched up with bandages. His leg is broken, resting upwards
I grabbed his hand and lowered my head only listening to the constant and non-changing beat to his heart.

That was when tears ran down my face in a larger quantity.

How can I do this? how am I expected to be able to survive something like this?
I just got Ian. Finally... finally we were happy.

A couple of people had come that Ian knew but not a lot. I had tried to keep this accident a secret from people and the paparazzi.
His family visited him every other day. I was surprised when they came in the day after the accident and recognized me.
I didn't even know Ian told his parents about me.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a knock on the hospital door.

"Lisa?" someone said.

I lifted my head, feeling a bit dizzy as I look at the person.

"Claire?" I asked "what the hell are you Doing here?"

Claire seemed to be taken back by my harsh tone and took a step back.
But that was when I realized it.

Her belly. It had gotten bigger.

_____________

Ian's POV

Darkness. That was all I could see.
But somehow I felt and heard things.

I could hear Lisa's constant sobbing and her yelling for me to wake up.
I knew what had happened.

I was hit by a car, and am now in a coma.
It isn't hard on me, but it's hard on Lisa. I don't want her to suffer and feel pain because of me.

Sometimes I would hear her talk to me, but it would only be a faint sound of murmurs. Only a couple of words like 'wake' 'love' 'hate you' 'pain' would stand out to me.

Everyday, everytime Lisa was near me, I would try. I would try everything in my power to move a finger, a toe, bat an eyelash... anything to show her I'm here. But I was paralyzed.

The faint of whispers were heard as I tried to tune in as hard as I could

'Whose is it?'
No doubt in my mind that was Lisa.
Her soft voice still seemed angelic even though I could tell she was screaming.

'Lisa----- not sure---- wait'

There were bits and pieces that I couldn't make out.

'What--- here? ---- coma!'

'-----brought flowers'

'-----his? Ian's?'

'-----maybe'

That was when a sudden pain was sent through my body. I could no longer hear any voices or sounds and could no longer feel Lisa's hand upon mine.

I was sucked into the darkness, this time with a feeling of pain and hurt.

__________

Lisa's POV

"Doctor! help! somebody!" I yelled as I watched Ian's heart monitor go into a non stop ringing. He had no pulse.

"Doctor!" I screamed on the top of my lungs.

Ian's body started to shake as doctors and nurses entered the room.

"Miss, we need you to get out please." a nurse said holding me by the shoulders.

"No! please! tell me what's happening!" I cried tears threatening to pour out.

"Miss. He is going into a cardiac arrest. Please, we need you to get out." She replied.

In only a moment I was out the door and staring through the glass window. I saw as they cut open his shirt and were preparing the stabilizers.
Tears ran down my eyes as I watched them try to bring him back to life.

Please god! I need him. Please.

I cried and cried until the doctors tried for the third and last time try to bring Ian back.
When the heart monitor stilled as a straight line, my heart broke.
My chest got tighter and it got harder to breath. The doctor turned to me with remorse and sympathy in his eyes.

No! no. This isn't real. I'm dreaming.
Yeah, that's exactly what's happening. I am now in bed next to ian, having a nightmare.
Ian is not dead and Claire isn't pregnant with Ian's child. It isn't real.

That was when the last thing I ever expected to happen, happened.