31. Life is like a staircase

Lisa's POV

"Ian?" I murmured as my fingers fiddled in Ian's hair.

We were both lying in bed and covered by the sheets...

I faced Ian, inching my bodies closer so that we would touch. I watched as Ian groggily smiled as I stroked his face, my name a tiny whisper on his tongue.

"Lisa." he said half asleep, his eyes still shut and his mind still floating above.

"Ian... I have to get to work, and so do you." I whispered, my fingers sifting through his thick hair, my lips hovering close to his skin.

"No." he mumbled as he turned facing the other side of the bed. And even though he was no longer facing me, his hand had yet to let go.

Giggling, I pushed him so that he slept on his back, and straddled him. I smirked as his eyes shot wide open in surprise.

"Lisa, what are you doing?" he asked squinting his eyes once more before opening it again.

He placed hands on either side of my waist, his blue eyes wide as they looked up at me.

"I'm waking you up." I smiled moving down so that our lips would meet.

I felt Ian smile in between the kiss as I moved my hands around his chest. One of his hands ran through my hair while the other massaged my back lightly.

"If that is how you wake me up, then I'll always sleep just for this. ." He smirked.

I giggled as his fingers lightly moved around my body.
He suddenly moved onto me, not pushing his complete weight over me so I would be comfortable.
He kissed my lips lightly, tugging with his teeth, asking for entrance.

It was amazing how I felt with him. How this man, the only one in this world, made me smile truly and be who I am. He was made for me, and I for him. And I would never change that. 

When we both couldn't hold our breaths anymore, we parted and yet still hovered. Neither one of us wanted to loose the connection the contact created. But reality struck us, and it was in the sound of a phone ringing. 

Ian seemed to ignore the phone and continued kissing my collarbone.

"Ian..." I moaned. I had meant for it to sound like a command but I had failed. His lips made me loose all coherent thought, but that shrill ringtone always brought me back. "Ian." I said once again finally getting Ian's attention.

"Mhmm?" He hummed against my skin, sending wild vibrations through my body.

"The phone." I panted feeling my body heat up and my heart race more than what was considered normal.

"No." He whispered before continuing. His lips dipped lower than my colarbone, near the ribs of my chest. His hands never strayed from their position, holding my hands.

"Ian... what if it's important?" I panted, slowly convincing myself to hell with it.

"Then they will call again." Ian replied, his lips finally coming back to meet my own. His lips moved in sync with mine, our tongues tasting and exploring. Everytime we kissed, it was like our first and last. And that's what made every kiss, every moment unique and special with him.
He made life unique and special.

Suddenly the phone stopped ringing. I smiled lightly, finally being able to enjoy Ian's touch. Just as I was about to raise Ian's shirt off his back, the phone range once again. And this time it couldn't be ignored.

Ian groaned getting out of bed, his eyes communicating that we would continue when he finished his call.

He was so confident and cocky...