36. Being fair

Lisa's POV

Bile rose up my throat rapidly as I layed on the bed beside Ian.
I jumped out of bed and ran quickly to the bathroom, puking everything I ate the day before.
I groaned as I continued to throw up, feeling worse and worse. I felt a hand hold back my hair, assuming it was Ian.

After I had vomited everything in my system, Ian had handed me a wet towel as I flushed the toilet and walked to the sink.

"I didn't even know I drank last night..." I sighed tying my hair up in a messy bun.

"I don't think you did." Ian answered.

I groaned and walked back into the bedroom.
I had quit my job, due to the complications with Mathew and found another within days. But I wouldn't be starting until next month, which allowed me to relax and stay home.

My stomach growled as I walked to the bed, so I soon changed my direction and headed to the kitchen.

"Ian! do you want anything?!"

When he didn't reply, I yelled his name once against before walking back to Ian's room.
I stopped in my tracks when I saw the door opened only slightly, and enough for me to see Ian's bare back.

I quickly turned knowing it was wrong, but I missed him.
Pushing the door open, I took a deep breath and walked to Ian.
His back was to me as I saw his muscles move as he put on a shirt. I walked closer and touched his back, thinking back to the good times I had with Ian.

Ian turned around and looked down I me with confusion on his face.

I just messed up.

"Oh umm... I'm sorry... I just..." I turned and walked out knowing that if I spoke further I would only embarrass myself more.

I stood in the kitchen with my head in my palms

What the hell is wrong with me?

He was probably thinking I was crazy right now. I mean I walked into his room when he was shirtless. He probably doesn't want to see me again, or worse... wants to move out.
I pushed those thought away as I stood, finishing up breakfast.

I heard him walk walk into the kitchen, so I just nerously handed him his plate and walked away with mine in hand.
I sat on the couch with my plate on my lap and my fingers switching the channel to find something to watch.

After about a minute of searching, I settled on how I met your mother.
I started eating my food when I felt the couch sink down beside me.
Ian and I ate and watched the show together in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence because we were constantly laughing, but it wasn't comfortable either.

After I finished eating, I decided I would go check on Emily and then later call my mom.
I walked out of the living room and went into my room to change.
I stripped out of my pjs and stood before my closet.
I settled upon a flowing black skirt that reached my knees and a white see through blouse, in which I wore a black tank top underneath.
As I was placing my clothes onto my bed for further inspection, my eyes caught on Ian.

I jumped and grabbed the first thing I could find to cover my body, which was a towel beside my bed.

"Ian! what are you doing here?"
But before I could continue, Ian took two long strides and stood infront of me.

"It must be hard, having someone who looks but doesn't act like someone you love, I get it. You miss me. But I need you to understand that it's also hard for me too. it's hard to have someone as gorgeous and smart as you, love me without me knowing who you are."