18. New york

Lisa's POV

I was infront of Ian's house siting in my car.
That's what I did nowadays, just sit in my car and cry for almost half an hour before returning back to my daily life.

After sobbing, I drank a bit of water, knowing that I would be dehydrated from losing all those tears, I turned on the engine and drove.

I had an interview at some New York law firm. I had sent them my application a while back, not expecting them to answer. Just when everything was bad, this opportunity happened.

Driving was something that cleared my head and it was perfect for what I've just been through.

****

There I stood, in front of a tall, glass skyscraper. I stared at its marvelous structure and architecture.
Straightening down my skirt, I looked over my outfit in the glass of the door.
I was wearing a skirt suit without the jacket, an although I hated what I wore, I had to look formal and impressive.

I walked through the swinging door, popping into the elevator and the last minute. Everyone around me were stiff and silent while I was gasping.
I ran my fingers through my hair and applied one more coat of lipstick as the elevator doors opened showing my floor.
Stepping out, I caught a whiff of a nice smell. The smell that a library has mixed with a floral smell. I walked to the desk where a beautiful skinny blonde sat typing.

"Umm.... hello?" I asked lookin down to her.
She seemed to be very into what she was doing, so it wasn't until the second time I said something that he looked up.

"What do you want?" she snarled

"Umm... I have an interview."

"Oh, Lisa Hastings?" she asked a little more politely.

"Yes." I sighed.

"Alright, please be seated and I will call you when it's time."

I turned around and walked towards the seat. I crossed my legs, moving my bag over my thighs and just breathed. I needed to get this job. I needed to start over.

"Lisa?" The last behind the counter said.

I stood up as she pointed to a black woman who held a huge glass door open. Taking a huge gulp, I walked through the door to find myself in an office.
It was huge. There, in the middle of the room stayed a huge desk with only a bit of papers. Taking another deep breath I walked towards the desk.
The office was surrounded by glass allowing light to shine through it.
I looked around only to find a man in a suit staring at the window, his back facing me.
I watched as he sighed and ran his hand through his hair turning.

Now if I said he was gorgeous, then I would he lying. The light didn't help his appearance either.
I licked my lips, nervous as he walked towards his chair on the other side of the desk.
His green eyes turned to light brown once he was out of the sunlight. I now could actually stare at his features.
His once blond hair showed to be light brown, made in an effortless style.

"Lisa hastings?" he said in his deep velvet voice.

Once he said my name, I snapped out of my gaze and pulled my hair behind my ear.

"Yes, that's me." I smiled nervously.

"Alright, first things first, My name is Mathew Cutshall." he smirked, stretching his hand out for me to reach.

"I'm Lisa, which You already know." I giggled lightly.

"Now tell me about yourself." he said.

"Well, I've been attending Boston university while working with the law firm there until recently..."

"What made you quit?"

Wow, he was straightforward.

"I am." He said.

Did I just say that out loud. Shit!

"Sorry... there were umm... some problems and complications." I answered.

"Now would you please tell me what happened?" he smirked playfully

"Well my boss came onto me, calling me a slut and a whore. He has a wife and children. It was disgusting!" I said, but once I did I covered my hand with my mouth.

I just used slut and whore with the boss of a huge company.

"I'm sorry for my language." I apologized rapidly.

He looked at me with worry, but randomly started laughing. I smiled a bit at how he laughed which soon was contagious.

"You are something else." He laughed.

Was that good or bad?

He continued to ask me questions, some personal and some professional. I answered them with complete honesty and sometimes he would burst up laughing Which I didn't quiet understand.

"Now that I know a bit about you, let me just tell you about me. This company was originally my father's, and his before that. It's a family business..."

"Did you want to do something else?" I asked cutting him off.

"What?" he asked confused.

"Did you always want to be a lawyer, or something else?" I asked again.

"Well... I don't know. I have given it much thought."

"Oh." I sighed.

"Anyways, I've seen your resume, and you've won a total of 10 cases, which isn't a lot. But since you won the chandlers case, which has been unsolved for almost a year, I think you're qualified." He smirked.

As I tried to process what he said, I soon realized he was offering me the job.

"Does that mean..."

"Yes. I like you. You are beautiful and funny, and not to mention you have an impressing resume. I would be an ass to not hire you."

I jumped up from my seat smiling like crazy, ignoring the compliments he gave me.

"Thank you so much!" I yelled

"Oh, and we will need to meet up to talk more." He smirked standing up whole walking me to the door.

"Ok. When?" I asked.

"Well, since you live in Boston. Next week we will meet up at talk about you moving and more as such." He said, taking out a card from his back pocket. "Leave your number by the desk and my assistant will set up an appointment... But, here is my number too."

After taking his number and thanking him once more. I was out of the building.
Once I stepped up, I couldn't help but jump around with excitement.
I GOT THE JOB! I CAN START AGAIN A NEW LIFE!