30. Break-up harships

I awoke with a light shining through the crack between the curtains.

I opened my eyes only to be met with the ocean blue ones that took my breath away.

"Good morning sweetheart." Ian smiled as his fingers moved through my hair.

"Good morning Ian." I said my hand cupping the side of his face.

"I've missed this..."

"What exactly?" I asked

"Waking up to you... you're beauty. It's the only thing I want to see."

"I've missed you too. And I'm so sorry I--"

"Lisa. I love you. And just as long as you're mine I don't care."

I smiled lightly as I brushed our lips. His lips were soft that I only wanted to kiss him more. Our bodies moved closer so that His hand upwards and downwards around my body just taking in my curves.

I backed away to take a breath, but Ian didn't stop.

He left sweet butterfly kisses from my jaw, to my collarbone and to my ear.

"Can I ask you something?" he said lifting his head away from my neck.

I groaned at the sudden loss of his touch.

"Sure." I said running my fingers through his slick hair.

"Why did you keep the necklace?" he asked.

I took a deep breath and let my hands fall to my sides.

"I never stopped loving you. I knew that. You know the things I said to you that night...."

He nodded lightly.

"I am almost absolutely sure it hurt me more than you. I didn't get out of my apartment for almost 2 weeks. I was breaking inside. I mean, you were-are my everything. Imagine pushing you out of my life. It was like you were my oxygen and all I kept inhaling was carbon dioxide." I sighed. "The necklace was the only thing that kept you to me, even if it was in my head. And how you told me that I was the one you loved..."

"Elizabeth... I love you more than anything. And let me tell you this, I was hurt." He muttered. "I know I am your air, but you are my heart."

"When I went back California for the movie, I couldn't stop thinking about you. I couldn't eat, or sleep. Food lost its taste and you were the reason."

I pulled my hand away from his, which sent him into shock. I moved my head over his bare chest and could hear his heartbeat. It was almost as fast as mine.

"I will never hurt you Lisa. I promise."

I smiled and kissed his abs as his fingers fiddled in my long brown hair.

"I'm going to go over to Mathew's and tell him the truth. I want to come back to you, so that I'm all yours and you're all mine." I said looking up.

His eyes were the best shade of blue that I loved and I knew I was so happy.

"Okay." He whispered. "But before you go... why don't we take a shower?"

"A shower?" I giggled. "Sounds great!"

I jumped and ran Into the huge bathroom. I heard Ian mutter things under his breath as he followed me into the shower.

****

"Hello?" Mathew answered his phone.

"Hey Mathew. We need to talk." I said blankly.

"Uh oh. Am I in trouble soon-to-be mrs.cutshall?"