2 7

CHAPTER 27:
Cleaning the school
hallways? Oh heaven!

{UNEDITED}
Cleaning the school hallway feels like heaven. Sarcasm intended. For the past few minutes I have been mopping the floor, making sure it was squeaky clean. Harry, on the other hand, sat on the floor. He promised me he's going to clean on the second period.

It was worth it to me though, my first period started late so I have a few minutes off and he has a whole forty-five minutes cleaning.

The bell rang indicating the class has ended, I look at the clean hallway feeling proud at myself. I smile. . Wait a minute, if the floor is clean, what is harry going to clean?

Damn that smartass!

Groups of people started getting out of the class, collecting books from lockers. The silent hallway turned into a zoo—loud laughters everywhere, weird sounds, you name it—the loud noises soon died down when the next bell ring.

I look at the once lonely hallway, the once clean floor went back to its original state. Well, on second thought it's actually fair enough.

I look at harry who is now leaning against the wall, his eyes closing and his hands slipping inside his pocket. I walk towards his direction slowly, handing the broom which is in my hand, "your turn!"

He slowly opens his eyes looking at the broom my hand, he removed his hands from his pocket, crossing them in his check arrogantly, he then say, "judging by the floor's condition, it seems like you didn't do much cleaning, am I right?"

"Actually, mister-I'm-so-smart-I-can't-even-pass-a-math-test I did clean. Please do blame the whole student body for stepping on it."

"Oh really? miss-I'm-so-fit-I-can't-even-catch-ball!"

"Hey! I'm classified as fit and who said I can't catch a ball?"

"Do I need to refresh your memory back on sophomore year? You landed on your butt when we played dodgeball because I threw you a ball."

"Oh, that. I was in shock," I defended myself.

"I made both of you clean not gossip!" A stern voice said, I turn to look at where the voice came from, just my luck! The principal. Aw, I miss him (sarcasm intended).

As soon as he walk away, I throw the broom at harry. Placing my hands on my hips and say, "please start cleaning, asshole!"

This time he didn't argue, he started cleaning with a small smirk plastered on his face.

I lean my back on the red locker behind me, feeling the urge to pee, I mumble a quick to harry, "I'm going to the restroom," before rushing to the toilet.

After cleaning my bladder, I went out of the restroom. I skip through the hallways, from afar I could see a guy walking to my direction. As I go nearer, I quickly realize it's Calvin.

He wave his hand at me which I quickly waved back, he then opened his mouth and ask, "shouldn't you be in class?"

"The principal made me mop the hallways, awesome right?" I explain with a hint of sarcasm in my voice.

He let out a chuckle, "let me guess Harry dragged you into this mess?"

"True that," I said placing my hands on my hip, "why aren't you entering class though?"

"Don't tell anyone but," he said coming closer to my ears, "I'm skipping classes."

"And here, I thought you're no longer a rebel."

"Once a rebel, always a rebel. So, can I help you with anything?"

"You can help me on the third period, it's my turn to clean."

"Do I have to skip another class?"

"Well, duh, isn't it obvious?"

He let out a chuckle (again) before shaking his head, "we have ten minutes before class ends."

Calvin and I went back to where Harry was at. From afar, I could hear Harry's groaning. Looks like his having a hard time, well good for him then!

"Well, aren't you having so much fun?"

"I sure am," Harry said sarcastically, "but let's see who's going to be the one smiling when third period comes."

"Oh, I'll be fine. I have Calvin over here!"

"Yow!" Calvin said placing his hands inside his pocket.

"Dude, you're helping her?"

"well, duh. Of course he is."

"Sorry dude, but ladies first."

"I thought it was bros before ho– girls," Harry argued and what's that? He almost called me a hoe. Keyword: almost.

"That doesn't apply for my childhood best friend," Calvin said, "sorry dude."

"Damn," Harry cursed.

"Aw, isn't it just sad to be you?" I teased him pinching his cheek.

"Don't touch me," he hissed.

"Aw, you're so cute. . " I said pinching his cheeks again, ". . NOT!"

"Go to hell, Taylor Swift."

. . And then the bell rang.

Oh, boy! Why did it end so fast?

"Looks like it's cleaning time," Harry teased.

"Oh please Calvin is going to help me."

"And here comes the wild animals," Harry said looking at all the students who are going out of their classes.

TEASER: THERE WILL BE A FOOD FIGHT COMING SOON.