3 8

CHAPTER 36

{UNEDITED}
I place the gift in front of the doorstep, telling Anne a quick goodbye. "Sweetie, can you please help Taylor place it inside the house?"

"Mom!" Harry groaned.

"Alright, alright. I won't call you that." Anne chuckled.

He carried the gift in front of me bringing it inside. I took the chance to leave. I (tried) to open the car door, but my brother had locked the door.

I knock the car window, signaling him to unlock the car doors. It was useless, he didn't even glance at me. He just continued looking at his iPad.

"We have to talk," the coldness in the voice sounds more than familiar, it didn't even take a second for me to realize it's him.

"It doesn't look like you want to talk awhile ago. I thought we were ignoring each other and acting like strangers. Strangers aren't supposed to talk."

"I'm trying to fix things here. I'm sorry I punched you and beat your best friend."

"Great to know you apologized. What about stealing kisses?"

"Don't act like you're clean, believe it or not, I'm not the only one wrong here. Are you really that clueless?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why do you think I beat the crap out of your best friend if I don't like you?"

"You left me under the rain and you punched me, even if it was on accident."

"Which girl in the right state of mind would go in between two fighting guys?"

"I started it. I have to stop it."

"You're even more stupid than the blondes I know."

"You're being rude. You call me clueless? Well, guess what? How is a guy who's being mean to a girl likes her?"

"I'm not being mean. You just never seem to figure out anything."

"Then why didn't you just tell me? It'll make it easier."

"I'm scared of commitment. I never tried staying put. I don't want to cheat on you. And there you go, kissing Calvin when I clearly told you not to. I had to hear it from Calvin's explanation because we weren't even on talking terms."

"This whole thing is just so confusing, I need to go home."

"You have 4 gifts to deliver."

"I know. I don't have much time," I said. "Bye," I added.

I knock on the window door again, this time my brother actually did unlock it. I open the car door, but harry push the door, making it go back to its original position.

"You're not leaving me without an answer," Harry said, gripping my hands.

"Why should I? It seems like you need to taste of your own medicine," I said, giving him a fake smile. Hopefully it looks like an evil smile.

"I'm being serious," he said, "you don't have to act like solomon."

"I'm not. But if you see me as Solomon, I'd be proud to accept that, after all he's very wise."

"Quit making jokes."

"For a moment, I forget we were in bad terms."

"I'm trying to fix things here, but you're not helping."

"Why, why harry?" I ask, "why all of a sudden you try to fix things? Last time I checked, you didn't want anything to do with me."

"I was angry. You were acting like you're right. Right after I punched you, I felt as if my whole world collided. I was fucking wrong I get that."

"Best apology I've ever heard," I said sarcastically. "Take that as a compliment."

"Can you stop trying to be sarcastic every minute. You—"

"Tick. Tock. You're wasting my time. Gotta go now." I dismissed him. "Oh and, come back to me when you learn how to apologize instead of 'I get that I'm wrong' and whatever shitballs."

I open the car door, getting inside the car. "You know I'm not good at this stuff," Harry said, stopping me from closing the car.

"Go away," I shooed him, then shut the car door. "Drive," I ordered my brother.

"He was trying to apologize. God damn it. Do you know how wrong you are for doing that?"

"I was just giving him a taste of his own medicine," I explained.

"You're hopeless. You will regret this, mark my words."

"You act like I did a huge mistake to you. Calm the fuck down, dear brother."

He let out a sighed and drove.

The next few people we had to sent gifts were great. By now, we were leaving from the Parker's which is right across from the Johnson's.

Austin and I bid our goodbyes and went to the Johnson's. I went inside the car, using tired as an excuse.

"Bye," I wave at my brother who's halfway knocking the door.

My brother's words have been stuck in m head, those seven words. You will regret this, mark my words.

Would I really regret what I did? I mean all I did was lessen the awkward tension and teach him a lesson on how to apologize and mean it.

It really doesn't sound like something I would regret, though.

#^*[% AN//
. . . OR SO SHE THINKS. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF TAYLOR IN THIS CHAPTER?

I JUST WROTE THE LAST CHAPTER OF THIS STORY I FEEL LIKE CRYING GOD!!! THE BOOK WILL PROBABLY END AT CHAPTER 40 & YES I FINISHED WRITING CHAPTER 40. IM THINKING ABOUT A SEQUEL THOUGH BUT IDK. AND YOU WILL ALL GET AN EPILOGUE!:)