3 1

CHAPTER 28:
Sans Harry.

{UNEDITED}
After that singing last Monday, Harry and I have gotten nearer and nearer— not in a friendly kind of way though— to each other. Sure, we argue all the time but believe it or not, he's presence actually made me feel comfortable and just warm (I won't tell him that though).

I do realize I have been hanging out less with my best friends and Calvin, since Harry started bothering me more often that before. Which is why I decided to call today: sans Harry.

I park the car outside the diner Selena's family owned. The business is the most popular diner— that probably explains why it is always crowded on around lunch and dinner time— in town. We had planned a girls day (and night) out today, with a bunch of plans including a sleepover.

I could already see Selena talking with the new barista in the diner and Gigi sitting beside her. I push the door and I was instantly greeted by Selena's high pitched voice and Gigi whining about how 'Selena has been flirting with the barista', along with Selena gushing about the barista.

Selena dragged me beside her and holy papayas, the barista sure is hot as fuck. . . and Selena and Gigi might have forgotten to tell me that the barista is none other than Justin Bieber. Selena's crush. Although, Justin seem to be crushing on Selena as well but 'is too much of a coward to make a move'.

"I could feel the sexual tension in the morning air," I whispered to her in a teasing kind of tone.

"Shut up," Selena hissed.

"Justin," I said, "hello!"

"Hi Taylor."

"I've never seen you here before though, when did you start working?" I asked.

"A few days ago," he said.

"I'll just leave you two to talk while me and Gigi order something else," I said, "sel, we'll be sitting near the window. Bye Justin."

"Bye! Have fun," Gigi chirps in, giving her a wink.

We made our way to the spot beside the window. As soon as we take a seat, Gigi starts talking about Zayn and how sweet he is. The waitress came to take our order awhile later.

I sneak a glance at Selena's direction and from afar I could see Selena laughing out loud.

"Where's Karlie?"

"She's not here yet," Gigi replied. "Hold on, I'll call her."

The waitress came back with our orders: two freshly-toasted bread, two 'good morning breakfast' set—which includes two scrambled eggs, two sausages, savory cheese grits, along with fresh fruits— and two hot chocolate with marshmallows flowing on top.

I don't come here often. In fact, I only come here when our families dine together. So when, Selena picked this place as a hangout area. I was slightly surprised, it was then when I realize she made us come because Justin is the new barista. And from what I'm guessing, we'll definitely be coming here more. That's if, Justin continues working here and I hang out more with them.

"She said she's going to arrive here real soon," Gigi informed me taking a bite of her toasted-bread.

"How are things going on between you and Zayn?" I ask out of curiosity. I haven't seen her with Zayn for awhile and the question has been in my head for awhile now.

"We're good," she sighed, "it's just that. . I don't know."

"You know you can tell me anything, right?"

"I know. . . It's just that." She looked at the plate in front of her. "Zayn has been distancing himself, he barely answers any of my text messages and if he did he'd only reply me with a simple 'ok' and it's starting to bother me. He uses his friends as an excuse to get away from me."

"Gigi," I started, "how long has this been going?"

"I don't know. A week?"

"I think you should talk to him and ask him what's wrong," I said, giving her the best solution I could think of.

Our little talking session ended to a loud banging sound on the table followed by a whispering sound, "Will someone please explain to me how Selena finally has the guts to talk to Justin?"

Of course, it had to be the great Karlie Kloss.

"They just did." I said taking a sip of my hot chocolate.

Selena soon came back after Karlie appeared. "Sorry guys. I know it was supposed to be a girls day out but it's Justin and this a very great—"

"It's fine, Sel. We understand. It's cool." I said with a smile.

"Yeah," Gigi agreed.

"Oh, sure, but please buy us yoghurts." Karlie ordered, typical Karlie always taking advantage.

Selena hesitated before agreeing on buying us ice cream. We went out of the diner, driving to Ice Flake, one of the most famous ice cream and yoghurt shops in town. It was a five minutes drive from the dinner.

After getting out of the car, we enter the crowded shop. We then made our own frozen yoghurts, weighing it and paying the money.

We were now in the middle of a very funny conversation about pigs and bunnies. Something like that.

My laughter stop when I see a familiar face in the small dessert shop. He immediately went to where I was sitting and right in front of my friends, when we were supposed to have a girls day out, he chose this moment to say, "we have some unfinished business." And dragged me out of the cafe.

Well, so much for a day without Harry. Operation Sans Harry: failed.

TEASER: This is the part where everything gets *smirks*
LIKE EVERY OTHER CHAPTER, comment your THOUGHTS on this one!:)