3 0

CHAPTER 30;
I LOVE YOU!!?

"Everyone in the world should get a standing ovation at least once in their life because we all overcometh the world."
—August Pullman's precept.

{UNEDITED}
I was beyond surprised— I still am, to be honest— when the principal called Harry out to sing in front of the whole school. Which is why, I am currently holding my laugh as I watch Harry's usual trademark smirk slowly turning into a frown.

"Mr Styles?" The principal repeated, "please sing us a song."

Harry stood up slowly, his scowl so visible. "For what purpose, Mr Principal?"

Shit, shit, shit, I mentally yelled inside my head, praying to god the principal would shut up and just make harry sing. We really don't need another 'haylor' article, now, do we?

"Do I need to entertain you and the rest of the student body here?" The principal asked in a challenging tone, "also let you have another boring lecture, as what you teenagers these days call it, along with another punnishment?"

"No."

"Good, please come forward now. I'm not going to let these students skip classes just for you. Morning assembly is going to end in ten minutes."

Harry stood up from the chair, making his way to the stage. The female populations started gushing and squealing and saying things like "he's so hot" "he's going to sing oh em gee" "can I be his girlfriend?"

Harry took the microphone from the principal. "I must say, I feel honored to have been invited to the stage to sing you all a song. Thank you, sir."

"My pleasure, Mr Styles."

Harry's left hand made it's way to his pocket, his facial expression showed no signs that he was nervous. His expression was calm, and the smirk playing on his face making it look like he was planning something big.

"I am going to sing," he started, "but I would like to invite Taylor Swift to the stage to sing with me."

Holy noodles, fuck me, I cursed inside my head.

"Oh my!" I played along, "thank you for the offer but considering you made me fell. With all due respect, please sing as a soloist."

Oh, we're so getting another 'haylor' newspaper tomorrow.

"That's sad. I think the song I would be singing would be exactly perfect for a duet."

"Well then, go and find another person to sing it with you. I'm so not into sharing a stage with you. Who knows what sort of disease you have."

The smile I've been holding creeps through my face when I hear the snickering from the groups of jocks in the back. And I'm not that oblivious to not know that a lot of girls have been sending me mean glares.

"We're not gathered here to hear both of you argue," the principal stated, "the kids here can pick! A duet or solo?"

The auditorium started getting really noisy. As the students decided on what to choose. Silently, I was praying in my heart. Wishing they would choose solo.

"Silence! Duet or Solo?"

"Duet," they said in unison.

Although, I did hear a few girls said solo. But, I'm pretty sure their high-pitched voices aren't louder than the jock's even if it's doubled.