Chapter 4

Chapter 4;

Enjoy readers.

My body ached. I could see nothing but darkness, and it scared me. I don't like the darkness. Bad things always happened when I am in the darkness. Involuntarily I started to shake and shiver in fear. In the nothingness I tried to control my harsh breath.

Desperate to stay calm, I hugged myself. But it was pointless. My fear continued to swirl around me. Tears made pathways through the dirt that caked my face. My long knotted hair wrapped around me like a blanket. Curling into a fetal position I hugged my knees tightly to my chest.

'I don't want to be alone in the darkness. It's scary. Bad things have always happened in this darkness. I don't like it.' Screams of the dead echoed throughout the ruins.

'Make it stop! Someone? Anyone? Save me...Please. Save me from this darkness!' The tears continued in endless streams. My small hands pressed over my ears. 'Please make it stop!' I curled even further into a fetal position; my knees pressed closer to my chest. 'Save me please! Take me away from this darkness. This darkness...This darkness that is my mind...'

"Child wake up!"

'Y-yang?'

"Yes child it is me. Come now. It is time to wake up."

Slowly with her guidance I left the dark broken world known as my mind. Light shined brightly from behind my closed eye lids. My body was stiff as I laid flat on my back. My skin was chilled, and for the first time in a very long while I didn't feel the grime, dirt, or blood that caked on to me so desperately.

My wounds no longer ached. They didn't even feel sore. Slowly as to not blind myself. I opened my eyes for only a handful of times to the worlds true non-artificial light.

It was blinding no matter how slowly I opened my eyes. It took several minutes just to see things clearly with no fuzz disrupting my vision. "Ah, so you finally grace me with your presence eh kiddo? You gave me a hell of a scare you know that right?" A feminine voice called out scaring me out of my wits.

Turning sharply to my side I see a woman in a netted tank top with a short sleeve cover, munching on a type of- by the smell of it I would say sweet.

She had her hair up in a pony tail. "A-Anko?" I croaked out in question. Her eyes beamed as she merely smirked. "That's right kiddo! You got one good memory there! Anyway since you are up now lets head over to the Hokage's office." She announced no yelled out as she lifted me up from my under arms. I felt a...uncomfortable breeze from behind.

"u-um Anko?" "Yes kiddo what is it?" She asked setting me back down on the table like bed. "Can I change first?" Anko's eye widened in remembrance before oddly running from my side to a lumpy bundle of grays and blacks. Picking up the bundle she plopped it to my side with a satisfied smirk. 'She is quite the odd one...but still hot.' 'Yin just shut up.' Yang growled within my mind. I only sweat dropped as I looked through the bundle.