Chapter 66

Chapter 66; And so, the first step is taken...

enjoy!!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was now a matter of days until the Chunin Exams begin, and Tsubaki's training regime has become almost deadly. Team Seven was also- but with Tsubaki, she actually has become worn down enough that she didn't have chakra left to leave a clone to cook dinner or watch Ryu. So she has had to leave the baby with the Anbu squad as she trained, her sensei when she did her personal training, or (the choice she usually goes to when the woman isn't busy) left the baby with Yoshino.

And the food came from a mix of rare leftovers and by Kakashi's offer- and her order- very healthy takeout. Naruto has been a crying mess being denied his ramen, and Sakura, her mochi. Sasuke went to rubbing in their faces that his favored food has not been restricted. Much to the ire and depression to the other members.

But with three days left, it was a relief to them all that training has taken a halt beyond the everyday stretches, katas, and manual tasks they had to complete. Of course, there was still a temporary junk food ban, but hey at least their bodies weren't screaming at them in pain, that makes up for it right?

And so, you will find Naruto going through moves with all three of his weapons as clones made stockpiles of many types of seal tags. From explosions, poison mist, fire, water reserves, lightning, prisoner seals, and many, many more. Sasuke was meditating on a tree, upside down, balancing and holding hundreds of senbon all over his body as he did so. And Sakura was casually practicing her form and punches- without the use of her chakra. All three seemed deadly bored.

Lounging on the back porch, watching over the three, Kakashi sat, reading his book with one hand and practicing the feeling of one of his new sais in his other hand. He constantly flipped, slashed, twirled, and switched holding positions with the weapon. And if you paid attention long enough- you'd notice after twenty minutes he'll switch hands and at points practiced the grip positions sometimes with only his fingers at times with only the use of his palm and thumb.

The only one not around was Tsubaki. Even Ryu was there being watched by Kakashi's nin-dogs. The pack of hounds was very happy to watch over the 'pup' for the young adoptive mother. Tsubaki fed them, got their lazy owner not so lazy, and oh Kami-sama her belly rubs and got the spot behind their ears and middle of their back instantly and wonderfully. To put it simply, they were becoming equally loyal to not only Kakashi but also Tsubaki despite only truly knowing the girl for two months roughly.

Instead, Tsubaki was at the Hokage tower, in the office. She had a frown on her face as she stood before him. Arms crossed loosely and hands cupping her waist. "Sensei..is it possible..?" Hiruzen sighed and shook his head. "I'm sorry Tsubaki, you are beyond ready for the exams but we don't have any openings. And the rules demand a three-cell genin team that completed a minimum of ten d-rank missions to perform in the exams."

Hiruzen pointed out, frowning. "Even as Hokage and especially as your sensei I cannot just bend the rules to this. Especially this. It shows favoritism in a multi-nation and village event." Tsubaki deflated, truly wanting to participate herself.