Chapter 55

Naruto:

Tsubaki:

Tsubaki:

I DO NOT OWN THESE PICTURES

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 55; The Forest of Knowledge

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tsubaki and Naruto's hair slowly tinted a blood red as they stopped in the middle of the path, their senses muted. Shakily Tsuki collapsed to her knees, trembling as black mist seeped away from her pores and was attacked by the vibrant azure mist. Naruto was also entrapped by the blue mist, the warm substance seeping into their pores taking over everything. As the twins fell completely unconscious, within them their beasts awakened. Yang and Yin smiling and welcoming the feeling. While the Kitsune shivered, conflicted on what to feel, but rested into falling asleep in peace, the hatred leaving him for now.

As the great nine tailed fox fell into slumber, in another area of Naruto's conscious thrummed to life. Just as when, within Tsuki, the same happened. Outside of their mental worlds, physical changes were being made, their hair thickened and changed to blood red and grew longer, markings appeared across their skin, Naruto bronzed, and Tsubaki turned a healthy glowing shade of pale making her look ethereal. But that wasn't all that changed, they grew slightly, as if the years of malnourishment and physical strain set to their bodies disappeared.

Seemingly hours passed, though in truth only a few faint seconds passed, the forest almost looked fuller and vibrant. The nature was humming with power and welcoming the two hybrids to their ancestral homeland. Slowly the twins came to.

Dizzy but feeling better then they ever had before. They felt free, and themselves, as if all masks and secrets fell away. They were them, and the world was alright with that. It was...peaceful. Sitting up to their knees, blurry eyed they inspected their surroundings, failing to sense their own bodies change, until Tsuki saw Naruto, and likewise, he saw her. They gasped, in shock seeing the others long red hair, the height, the markings, the skin shade, the eyes...

"Naru..?" Tsubaki whispered, feeling that the person seated in front of her was her brother even though she couldn't believe her eyes. Naruto looked at Tsubaki equally dumbfounded. He gave an awkward smile as he stood, his eyes widened seeing himself before he looked back at Tsuki. He pointed to himself and her wordlessly. "You...you think this is what we may have had looked like if we got our looks from mom..?" Naruto asked hoarsely, the sorrow in his eyes and voice made Tsubaki completely believe this was her brother.

Sad, she stood and began to walk towards him, before accidentally stepping on her hair. Dumbfounded, Tsuki lifted a strand of crimson hair to dangle in front of her face. Her hair now fell to the floor, dragging slightly against the forest path. "W..what happened to us Naru..?" Naruto shook his head and shrugged. "Have no clue on this one." he answered raising his hands in surrender before accidentally hitting his red hair, peering behind him, his eyes widened as he lifted his own strand of crimson hair. His side bangs now fell to his shoulders and his hair in general fell to just under his shoulder blades. "This is...odd..." He commented, dropping the strand of hair.

Merely nodding Tsubaki lifted her hair, grabbed two vines that littered the forest floor, and did her best to tie the crimson hair up and out of the way. Just as she was going to speak, and comment about Kakashi, Sasuke, and Sakura's lack of appearance in this situation, a primal yowl reached their ears, causing the twins to flinch back. The sound rang in their ears, nearly causing them to black out from the suddenness and intensity. The yowl and now a roar, echoed once more, sharing a pained look, the twins darted down the path, heavy thumping and shuffling of foliage followed them. They were being hunted.

Using their chakra, the twins began to run through the trees, somehow incapable of finding, and shaking the creatures away. "There!" Tsubaki called, pointing to a giant tree next to a rock formation, the tree held a tunnel just big enough of an entrance for her and Naruto. Spotting this as well, Naruto nodded, and they both raced to it, and dived into it. Not expecting the tunnel to be hollowed out, with a steep stairway going downwards, Tsubaki and Naruto tripped on their footing and fell down the steps, the path too narrow to properly catch themselves, they continued to tumble downwards till they reached the very bottom.

Groaning Naruto peaked open his left eye as he sat up. "Sis...you there?" He rasped out in pain, as he cracked his back and neck, slowly standing up to see if they were in any danger within this...tunnel? Tsuki sat up equally in pain. "I'm here" she groaned out as she shakily stood. Blindly reaching out, Tsubaki touched the 'tree' walls and suddenly the dark space they were in, glowed, the blue mist that was in the village swirled within here as well, circling and dancing around the twins. Before them was a marble and gem engraved underground chamber. The floors, and walls were marble, the ceiling was hard to define and would be encased in shadows if it wasn't for the gemstones that littered across the ceiling, glinting, shining like billions of stars in the night sky.

Tsubaki and Naruto were in awe of this place. "Yeah this, this really proves that those other nations were never here, if they found this there'd be no way in hell this would have stayed the way it was!" Naruto exclaimed, studying the walls, floors, and gems that sat on the ceiling. "So amazing.." Naruto whispered to himself. Tsubaki used to his fascination over objects turned her attention away and moved forward and found something quite interesting and out of place looking.

"Naruto! I found something!" Tsuki called her brother over, whom jumped down from the wall to land next to her. "Whatcha find?" Tsubaki turned and pointed to a gold lined circle in the ground, perfectly in the center of the circle was a white, ball, the size of a tennis ball.

Naruto hummed and walked forward, Tsubaki followed behind and entered the circle. In an instant they felt something...After a few minutes standing confused, Naruto and Tsubaki looked down, alarmed. Their chakra was being drained. But before the made any hasty movements, the small orb glowed gold, and above it a family tree formed itself and hovered in front of them. Peering at it, both choked and nearly fainted. Before a smile took over both of their faces as they shared a look. Konoha, the Civilian and Elder Council, they really have messed with the wrong twins.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wow it has been so long...working on updating most if not all of my fanfiction this weekend, hopefully I can. Hope you enjoyed!

Love, Kisacatdemon