Chapter 23

Chapter 23;
Enjoy

_____________________________

"This fog...it's so thick. You can't see a thing." Sakura whispered in awe and a wary undertone. This mission was already getting to her. And they are barely a day in.

After a moment of silence and Naruto—with his enhanced vision –thank you fluffy-chan– watched their surrounding with sharp eyes. He even sniffed the air a few times to see if there were any other scents in the immediate area.

Tsuki-who's cramping has settled for now- sat tensely in the jonin's lap. The  Chakra sonar she so loves flaring from time to time to keep tabs of the area around her and the others as a purpose of security in this dense fog.

"The bridge isn't far. Our destination is just ahead. The Land of Waves." The boat man announced hushly. He mainly focused on the strenuous activity of rowing the boat manually. Naruto instantly sat straighter spotting something before the rest. He let out a hum of awe. "Hm? Woah!" He gasped his eyes widening taking in the construct. "It's huge!" He whispered/yelled. The boatman startled, bristled in stress and anger.

"What?!" He sneered at the Uzumaki. "I told you! No noise!" He hissed searching their surrounding in stress induced worry. "Why do you think we're traveling like this?! Uh?! Cutting the engine and rowing? Moving through the dense fog?" The boatman growled.

Tsubaki rolled her eyes at the idiot. He's stressing about silence yet here he is yelling. Naruto only yelled softly. Trust her. No one has heard him actually yell yet. She can promise you that...She mentally shuddered thinking about that day. Dear Kami she was stuck with ringing in her ear for almost a month!

Sakura, Sasuke, and Naruto looked at the row man with grim faces. And finally about an hour and a half in the ride Kakashi found his voice to speak. Which wasn't easy I tell you. Especially with the girl you have a crush on is sitting in your lap, continuously re-positioning herself, leaning into your torso.

It's nerve wracking and you have to give your all not to do something perverted! He wasn't even able to read his precious book! At least he was able to keep the blush off his facial features and kept his lazy, non-interested look intact.

"Mr. Tazuna. Before we reach the peer, I will have to ask you something." Kakashi said laid back as ever. Tazuna straightened feeling sweat build up on his brow. Tsuki stared into the eyes of the bridge builder. He began to tense up even more.

The little blonde girl's eyes held an almost haunting look to it. It was unsettling especially taking into account that these ninja are only twelve. Only a five year gap from his own precious grandson.

Kakashi continued not batting an eyelash. "The men who are after you? I need to know why." Tazuna gulped. "If you don't tell us I'm afraid I'll have to end this mission when we drop you off ashore." Kakashi placid tone threatened. It of course was a lie but he wanted to make his team feel like they had an option in this little mess. 

And it does wonders to make the client talk. And yes, this has happened before. Multiple times in the past for him either as a chunin, Anbu, or Jounin. It was rare that they turned down a mission like this. Because even though the civilian client thinks this is the most deadly thing in the world. It wasn't for them the ninja. And it actually was in its correct profile...

Though oddly enough even though going through something similar in past events. He had an uncomfortable feeling that the opponent they will face will be stronger then idiotic chunin. Possibly an A-Rank ninja?