Chapter 61

I did it!!!

Thank you for reading, and please comment what you think! 

Enjoy!! --and WARNING this chapter may be saddening! 

Chapter 61; The Secret Project~

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tsubaki, Ryu, and Team Seven- including their unconscious members of the team were on the boat, and ready to disembark. Sakura had shadow clones tending the sails and keeping a lookout in the crows nest to prep while Kakashi laid out everyone's items and equipment onto one of the beams- tied in place so nothing is lost while at sea.

It became quite obvious to Kakashi, Sakura and Tsubaki that when reverting to their younger ages and heights- while they do not over extend their reach, their physical strength did decrease quite a bit for Tsuki and Sakura- and no doubt the boys as well, and only a little for Kakashi. But muscle memory, chakra levels, chakra density, and gravity seals stayed in place and still the same as before they left the forests.

As they set sail, Tsubaki spent her time caring for Ryu who briefly awakened and wailed in hunger. And has been crying since as Tsubaki- nervous on what to do was speed reading through the book the elves gave her hoping there was something on what to do. She stopped at a page and turned a tad red. It was a long term jutsu- and it was definitely the answer to the problem at hand- but...

Peering over the side, sat carefully on top of a crate and bundled in spare clothes, she watched Ryu continue to cry out, no doubt starving. She dropped her head in defeat, and stood, taking a hold of the newborn she sulked to that bottom level of the ship, threatening Kakashi and Sakura with a look of death before closing the door and reluctantly performing said jutsu. A few times she died internally from embarrassment no doubt.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's been a few hours and for safety reasons, Tsubaki stayed on the bottom level with Ryu while they were on open ocean. By now both Sasuke and Naruto awakened and have been cycling to get the ship speed faster. Sasuke while doing this was taking breathing exercises to force himself to keep calm on this death trap, while Naruto pedaled boredly. As this went on, from the other end of the room, Tsubaki and Ryu bonded. Ryu was immediately latching onto her for warmth and comfort.

When he was conscious enough he was adamant to holding one of her fingers. And Tsubaki- she was in love, already wrapped around his own fingers. In a way it made her think of past actions she has done- mistakes now that she thinks of it. The feeling of being a mother- despite not carrying him or knowing the newborn longer than a few hours- was amazing. Was heartwarming, and another reminder for herself- she is human-and always will be.

Hours continued to pass by, but thanks to Naruto and Sasuke's reluctant pedaling and Sakura's brief uses of water jutsus Tsuki taught her while in the West sector, and Kakashi's somewhat useless steering they came to land that late night.

Unloading from the ship- Sasuke the first one off and glaring at them all specifically Kakashi when they laughed slightly. He was holding a very large grudge for the fact Kakashi pinched a nerve in his neck and put him on the death trap against his will. Both dealings that happen not sitting very well with the Uchiha.