You'll Know Why

Austin's POV

I woke up feeling anxious about the dinner I had planned tonight with my family and Averey. I didn't tell my family about Averey yet. And Averey thinks they know she's coming.

I told Averey that everything would be okay but I'm not sure it will. My family, especially the females, are very picky and specific about which girls I could date and the ones I can't.

I hope they are nice to her and approve of her because I really do care about her. Who am I kidding I'm in love with her! I'm scared to admit it though. She's my first love.

She's so different from all the girls I'm used to dating and when I'm bored leaving. You know the rich model types that are stuck up and not so bright in the head. Averey is like a breath of fresh air, refreshing.

Whenever I think of her I smile. I wish I could of stayed with her the night but I had to prepare everything for the dinner. Thinking of her brought an idea to mind I should send her new roses since the ones she has at her apartment are dead. Yet she still hasn't thrown them out. My heart fluttered thinking of the possibilities of why she kept them. Though the thought of Averey meeting my family keeps coming to mind. I straight up lied to her that they would treat her as family. But I know for a fact that they won't when they find out she's not rich and that she's my personal assistant.

There was more than one reason why I uninvited her last weekend. First, because she didn't want to be with me and secondly I was afraid of what my family would think of her or do for that matter. I slammed my hand on the wall. What did you do Austin?

Averey's POV

I woke up this morning happier than ever. I'm actually excited for tonight. Finally I get to be apart of a huge family.

Tea sounded pretty good at the moment. While sipping my tea I was wondering what I should wear this evening. Should I go formal or casual but still acceptable? I laughed to myself. I'm a mess.

I texted Austin:

Hey so for tonight what should I wear? Something formal or casual? I'm at a loss. XOXO
-Averey A.

Definitely formal my family doesn't do casual.
-Austin C.

Thanks for the heads up. XOXO
-Averey A.

I waited for a reply but got nothing. Hmmm. He's probably just busy. I decided to go out and buy something "formal".

On my way out a familiar man with a familiar bouquet came towards me. Another bouquet of roses. I'm seriously the luckiest girl in the world. I thanked the delivery man and replaced my dead roses with the new ones. I read the card attached to the roses:

I noticed that your roses needed to be replaced. Come to my house at 7:00. I will text you my address. XOXO
Mr. Carter

I laughed at the Mr. Carter part. I got in my car and soon enough I got a text from Austin regarding the address.

I arrived at a little shop that sales formal dresses. I was surprisingly greeted with sweetness by an older blonde lady.

"Welcome to Murray's how can I help you?"

"Uh yeah I need a formal dress."

"Like cocktail or..."

"You know what just pass me dresses that you think would look good on me."