I Can't Stop

"So when did you get this little guy?" Jailene asked holding Ozzy.

"I got him on Monday. Well I didn't get him. He was a gift from you know who."

"Mmmmm. What did he do?" Lucus asked curiously.

"Nothing just thought I would like him." I had to lie to them or else they would keep Austin as far away from me as possible.

"You know people get jewelry or a book as a gift not a freakin puppy!" Jailene said in astonishment.

"Trust me I was surprised as too." I said taking a drink of my 2nd strawberry mojito. I should stop, I still need to drive.

"Still his secretary with benefits?" Lucus said with that side eye he always gives me.

"I told him at work we have to be strictly professional."

"Boo! You're no fun!" Lucus said throwing a fry at me.

We laughed. It felt really good to be with my best friends/family. It was a breathe of fresh air.

"So what's been going on with you guys since the last time I seen you?" And with that they were off.

I was just listening to Lucus talk when I heard him say, "Yeah I think I'm going to quit the diner gig and see where my kite takes me." He paused but looked like he had something else to say. "Well actually it's already flown and I landed in Carter Inc. & Enterprises." He said quickly.

I looked up at him. "Since when?"

"Well I had an interview for a job I seen online for a receptionist and I thought why not. I got called in on Monday and got the job. I start tomorrow."

Jailene and I just had our mouths open in disbelief.

"Awkward silence." Lucus added.

"I'm so happy for you Lucus you are starting an actual real job!" Jailene said giving him a hug.

"You have no idea how happy and relived I am to finally have friend in that damn building." I said in all seriousness.

"Oh I thought you would be angry at me..."

"Angry?! Why would I? I am so excited that I get to see you everyday! We can have lunch together and email each other and talk to each other. And..."

"Woah...slow down Peaches. I don't even know which floor I am working on."

"Who interviewed you?"

"Some middle aged guy, wasn't cute by the way. He just said they needed someone quick to fill in for someone who quit."

"Oh okay."

"Yeah I'm a bit nervous though."

"Well I know what cures that. Waiter can we have another round of drinks over here!" Jailene said to the waiter.

Yayyy! My Cranberry Sauce is going to work in the same building as me! This day just got a little better.

*******

I was in my car on my way home from Ernie's. Tonight was a good night.

Ozzy fell asleep halfway through dinner. He was nuzzled in my purse sleeping soundly.

I got to my apartment and got Ozzy out of the purse very carefully. I was walking towards my door when I seen a shadow coming towards me. The shadow put his hand on my mouth and grabbed my keys. He opened the door and pushed me inside, he followed after. It was pitch black in my apartment. I was still carrying Ozzy.

"Put Ozzy down." And by the voice I knew who exactly it was.

"No we are going to bed. So leave and don't let the door hit you on the way out." I was turning towards my room when he grabbed my arm to bring me to an abrupt halt. "Can you leave me alone just for one minute!"

"No I can't because I love you and will never let that happen."

"Yeah yeah you love me sure." I said mimicking his voice. "Give me a break."

"Don't give me your attitude!"

"You know what I don't have time for this! I am going to bed see you tomorrow." AGAIN I was brought to a halt.

"Can you just stop and talk to me?! You are obviously upset and I have no idea why!" He said exasperated.

"Really? You don't know why?"

"I can guess but if I'm right than you really are being immature about the whole situation."

I blew up!

"STOP CALLING ME IMMATURE! I DON'T NEED TO HEAR IT IN TEXT OR IN PERSON! I AM NOT THE ONE WHO IS IMMATURE! YOU ARE! YOU ARE BY GOING OUT WITH THAT ALISON CHICK, WHO I KNOW IS JUST NOT A CLOSE FRIEND! SO WHO IS SHE AUSTIN?!"

I woke up poor little Ozzy. He looked so scared. I picked him up and took him to my room and closed the door.

"So have you figured out an excuse for your 'friend'?"

He just looked at me with anger in his eyes. Well I had anger in my eyes too!

He ran his hand in his disheveled hair.

"Fine I'll tell you! She and I used to be have a thing...about a year ago."

My whole world came crashing down in a nanosecond.

It was silent for a while. He was waiting for my response. I couldn't even talk.

"I can't believe you actually went out with her." I whispered. "There was a reason why you didn't introduce me as your girlfriend to her. You didn't want her to know." I paused. "You still love her."

He didn't say anything.

With that I ran to my room and locked the door making sure he didn't get in. I ran to my bed and cried like today was my last day.

Austin came to my door and tried opening it. It's locked idiot.
"Just fuckin leave me ALONE!" I screamed.

He started shaking the doorknob trying to get in. Ozzy was really scared at the moment and cuddled next to me.

"Averey let me in! Please!"
I stayed quiet. He could beg all night, I'm not talking to him.

I just curled up in a ball and cried myself to sleep once again.

*******

I woke up like at 2:30 and needed to wash my face since it was sticky with tears. But then I realized that Austin still might be here. Oh god.

I opened my door slowly and looked out before walking out. There was nobody there. I walked to my restroom and turned the light on. I started washing my face when Austin wrapped his arms around my waist. Why are you still here?

"Let me go!" I said wiggling in his arms but his grip only got tighter. "Go do this to your real girlfriend who you are still in love with and leave your sidechick alone!" He let me go instantly.

"Is that what you think this is?"

"It seems like it." I said.

"STOP!"

"STOP WHAT?! Stop caring where the hell my boyfriend is with this girl?! Stop worrying if he is doing something that he isn't supposed to be doing?! Stop thinking he is in love with someone else?!" I was in full blown tears. "I can't stop." I sobbed.

I went again to my room and locked the door like before dying in my own sorrow.