I'm Not Sure I Want To Find Out

We walked back in and I felt like everyone was staring at me because of what just happened. Everyone knew.
Everyone was thinking I led Adam on.
Everyone knew I was afraid of his threat.
Everyone knew I was....

"Averey are you okay?" Austin said looking down at my worried face.

"Yeah yeah I'm just trying to move on....on what just happened."

I knew he wasn't buying it. He continued to look at me and I continued to look at him.

"Averey?" We heard a voice call my name so we turned around and saw Arthur coming towards us with a huge smile on his face.

I didn't want him to know I was scared so I forced a smile on my face.

"Arthur you made it." He was wearing an all black suit and tie. He looked very handsome.

He gave me a hug and kiss on the cheek. "You look absolutely gorgeous Averey. You look so different with your new hair cut. I wasn't sure if it was you at first.

"Oh yea I cut it and....dyed it."

"It suits you." He smiled.

Austin interjected in. "Arthur it's a pleasure to see you again."

"Mr. Carter..."

"Oh please call me Austin."

"Austin..I can say the same."

"Shall we sit down." Austin said.

"Lead the way."

I knew this was going to be an interrogation between the both of them.

We sat down and Austin started with the questions.

"So Arthur you mentioned having your own business what exactly do you do?"

"Well I can't really say what I do because I'm forbidden to...but all I will say is that I hack for a living."

Austin and I just looked at each other in shock. He does not look like a computer kind of guy. With the tattoos and all.

"Interesting." Austin said.

"So Austin how long have you been in business?"

"Well I started my business at the age of 22 so for about 6 years."

"Wow you started so young." Arthur replied.

"You can say that." Austin said with a cocky smile.

"When did you start liking my sister?" Woah change of subject.

"The first day I saw her I fell for her." Austin smiled at me.

"So you intend to protect her from anyone and anything?"

We were both taken aback. Did he know what just happened with me and Adam?

"What do you mean exactly?" Austin said a little confused.

"Do you know Austin there are a lot of sick people in this world that will try to destroy you, your company, your life...if you don't be careful." He was looking at our reactions especially Austin's

"I want you to call me Monday morning so we can go more in depth in what I'm trying to tell you. Sorry but I must get going I have work to do." He said getting up from the table.

But he's only been here for like 10 minutes.

"Averey it's been a pleasure seeing you as always and Austin I will be waiting for your call." And with that he walked away.

It was silent for a while.

"What the hell just happened?" Austin said.

"I don't know." And I'm not sure I want to find out.