Well Look It Here

Averey's POV

We knew we couldn't stay for long. We have to keep moving. No matter what.

The only thing on our backs were our clothes and the weapons we were given.

We were walking hand and hand down the sidewalk in a little street that was filled with stores.

It sort of made me forget why we were here in the first place. Seeing people with not a worry in the world shopping. It was nice. That used to be me.

Austin could tell what I was thinking so he pulled my hand up to his mouth and kissed it. That brought me at ease once again.

We kept walking looking for our next stop. But while looking I felt like someone was watching. You know that feeling of eyes on you. Every time I would turn there would be no one.

This is not good. I might be paranoid but I have good senses.

I pulled Austin in for a hug wrapping my hands around his neck. I brought his head in closer so my his ear was next to my mouth.

"I think we are being followed. But don't make it obvious that we know we are." I whispered before kissing the spot under his ear.

He slowly wrapped his hands around my waist and put his hands in the waistband of my jeans where he slowly brought out the gun that was hiding there.

The last thing I heard him say was, "Gotcha," then the shots fired.

"Come on!" He grabbed my hand and we started to run.

The bullets were flying! As were we.

We ended up in a store hiding behind a counter. The shots stopped. But we knew we still weren't safe.

Austin kept looking slightly from behind the counter. I got scared each time he did. My heart was racing.

"Okay you are going to crawl out of the exit and when I tell you to run you run. Okay? I'll be right behind you. Don't turn back." He whispered his directions.

"Okay I got it." I kissed him before I crawled to the exit.

I started to crawl ever so slowly and quietly. I made it to the exit and looked back at Austin.

He stood up with his gun held up. The gun shots started once again.

"Go Averey!"

I ran like my ass was on fire. But then bullets started to come at me. They found me.

I was pretty much running between trees and bushes but the bullets were still coming.

I stopped. Austin!

I turned around and could only hear my heartbeat at the moment. I ducked down and was trying to look past the trees but nothing.

"Come on Austin." I said praying he'd come out.

I heard rattling behind me and quickly turned.

I started to look closer at where the rattling came from when I was swooped up. I turned to see it was Austin carrying me. Thank god.

He was running with me in his arms.

"I told you I'd be right behind you." He said still running.

"I was scared for a second."

"Come on I think we should check the safe house. To see what's going on." He said out of breath.

"Are you sure? We don't know if it's still raided."