11- Be happy

*****

Kerrie's pov

Waking up to another day of nothing planned I went into my bathroom and freshened up,

Deciding that I should probably tell Kate about Zach I slowly walked up to her room and knocked on the door.

"Come in" I heard her say. Walking in I saw she was doing her hair. "Kate can I talk to you" I asked suddenly feeling nervous, i knew that there was nothing to be nervous about. My sister knows everything about me and i know she won't be smiling after I tell her about Zach. She did like him a lot.

"Sure, what is it?" she let go of her hair letting it fall and patted a spot on the bed telling me to sit down. Even though I've went through what I was going to say to her exactly, I still found myself speechless as I thought of how to start. Even though I didn't want to admit it every time I thought of him my heart felt like it was bare and vulnerable, but I told myself that there's no point in feeling bad because he has moved on.

I didn't notice that I had already started crying while talking to myself internally. Kate's face quickly changed into a concerned look and she moved closer to me and wiped one of the tears that escaped my eyes. I cursed myself for so being so weak.

"Kerrie tell me what's wrong" this time her voice was laced with much more concern.

"A few weeks ago I found out that Zach had been cheating on me" I closed my eyes trying to stop more years from escaping. It felt like I was reliving the moment "I broke up with him" I said in a low whisper.

"Oh my Godness, that douchebag, i can't believe he did that to you, are you okay, what's wrong with me ofcourse your not, look your crying, he's not worth your tears" she said trying to make me feel better and she succeeded.

"I'm kinda over it, I'm crying because it hurts remembering. But its been nearly two weeks since I broke up with him."I stated, wiping my tears away.

"Two weeks! you waited too weeks until you finally decided to tell me" you could tell she wasn't trying to be mean but it was more of being hurt and trying not to make me start crying again.

"I'm sorry, I should've told you but you were still at school and I wanted you to come back then I would tell you face to face" I replied.

"Oh Kerrie, my Kerrie, your big sister is here and guess what?" she asked , a smile made it's way onto her face. " What?"

"I got you a present" she said getting up and opening one of her cupboards and pulled out a black box out of it. She quickly keeled down at my feet as I was sitting on her bed and she opened the medium sized box.

I gasped when I saw the necklace. It was a simple necklace but what caught my eye was the small letter k sitting in the middle of the box with diamonds encrusted onto the letter and small pearls going around the necklace.

" It's beautiful" I could only stare at the magnificent piece of jewellery in front I me.

" Well don't just stare at it , its yours take it" she stated as she watched me. Slowly pulling out the jewellery from its box I just gawked at it.

"Oh give it to me" Kate said to me and she took the necklace from my hands and climbed onto the bed and walked on her knees till she was behind me and put the necklace on my neck and clipped it together.

"Go look at it" she ushered me off the bed and sat me in front her mirror. The necklace looked even better wearing it.

"It's not even my birthday" I said as I looked at my sister with questioning eyes.

"Well I thought I should get my sister something nice" she said as she kissed me on the cheek.

"So If you broke up with Zach already then who did you go to meet at the cafe yesterday, you were so tired when you came back that you slept the whole day." kate asked this time she was sitting on the floor with curious eyes.

"Well I was with a friend" I said smiling as I remembered my breakfast date with Nathan.

"Does this friend fall onto the female or male side?" she pried.

" It's just a friend okay, we just had breakfast".

"It's a guy isn't it, your finger is doing that thing it does when you get nervous" she pointed at my hands accusingly. I quickly hid my hands behind my back.

"Yes it's a guy, but we're just friends, okay" I stated hoping to stop her brain from wandering into her own ideas.

"And judging by your face you won't be just friends for long" she gleamed at me.

"Kate!" I exclaimed

"I'm just glad that your happy , if this guy Is making you smile then I totally approve, you deserve happiness Kerrie and I'm not saying it because your my sister,I'm saying it because your a good person" she hugged me.

"Thank you, I love you so much" I said while we were still hugging.
Then she pulled away and looked at me with a smug smile.

"What?" I asked

"What's his name?" she asked curiously.

"Nathaniel" I said, It felt good saying his name out loud.

"It sounds so exotic" she exclaimed while jumping up and down like a crazy fan girl

Oh Kate, I definitely wouldnt survive without her.

*********

Finally, Kerrie told Kate about Zach and Nathan, even though I liked the Nathan part more, Kate had to know at some point and i couldn't be happier with how this chapter turned out.

If you have anything to say
Comment

Follow😜

-Monalisi