35- Addictive

Kerrie's pov

"So how do you want to do this" I asked nervously while pacing up and down the living room.

"You need to calm down" Daniel glanced up from the couch

"How can I calm down, we need to tell Kate about this, we can't lie to her, and what am I going to say to Nathan"

"You" he pulled my arm and I landed on his lap, my hand automatically grabbing onto his shoulder for support, his hand protectively holding on to my waist "need to breath, your not in this alone, I'm here in the same boat, if it sinks I will sink with you, don't you think that I am worried about this too, Kate is my girlfriend, was my girlfriend, anyways, I need to talk with her as much as you need to talk with Nathan" he spoke softly in my ear. "Maybe you might think we're going too fast, risking our current relationships with a fleeting love that may or may not last , but I want you to know that I am willing to risk it all for you, you have my heart and I hope you will give me yours Kerrie, what I feel for your sister has always been a friendship kind of love, she came into my life when I needed someone, it felt right to be with her, but I don't regret being with her," he paused.

Both of his hands caressed the sides of my face and he pulled me closer so my eyes couldn't look anywhere but his, his thumbs caressed my cheeks and he smiled while scanning my face and looked back to my eyes.

"I don't regret being with her because if I was never with her then I would've never met you, meeting you was the best thing that has ever happened to me, your funny, cute, you have a big heart, I had the privilege of getting to know you and I was happy, I had lost my heart to you even before i realised it, kissing you after our performance might've been reckless, irresponsible, too rash but I'd do it again, you know why?" He smiled at me.

"Why" I asked, my voice coming out shaky and weak.

Maybe that's what love did to you, it opened your heart up, leaving it raw , vulnerable. It could be seen as a weakness or a strength in different cases. Loving someone is giving them the power to make you or break you.

If I loved Daniel then what did I feel for Nathan, didn't I love him, do I love them both, what did that make me. I wouldn't deny that what i felt for Nathan was none other than love but it was different to what I felt for Daniel.

With Nathan I feel safe, he knows how to calm me down, protect me. I feel a warmth in my chest when he kisses me, a giddiness that makes me feel like a love struck teenager. He is perfect, his green eyes were just breath taking, his smile did things to me that I couldn't explain. He was there, he helped me forget about Zach, he got rid of all the pain my ex caused me. He saved me

Daniel on the other hand, what I felt for him was so new that I hadn't even thought about it before, he made me feel nervous but I hadn't thought too much of it till he kissed me. I had feelings for him, the way he was looking at me right now made the butterfly that got stuck in my stomach flutter twice as much,

You know when a butterfly or a moth gets stuck in a window or a tiny opening and every single time it tries to escape it wings keep on smacking the glass wildly. There was a butterfly stuck in my stomach, and everytime he'd look at me or if I'd even think of him then that damn butterfly went on a flapping frenzy , it made my stomach turn upside down. In a good way.

Daniel was the epitome of dangerous, he possessed a fire that would burn me whole, it flowed through his veins and transferred into mine the second his lips touched my skin. He was funny, sarcastic, witty, he was a sweet heart too. His rough hands that had a gentle touch, his hazel eyes that I never took the time to appreciate. His laugh, his toothy grin, his lips that I found myself starting at.

Both these men were literal opposites of each other and I found myself as the only thing they had in common.

"Your kisses are simply addictive" he answered and cocked his head to the side, swiftly in one motion kissed me.

My prior thoughts were simply erased as my mind focused on him, he was simply an amazing kisser. A flicker of jealousy stirred deep inside my heart as I thought of all the times he had kissed my sister but who was I to feel like that, I was kissing Nathan less than two days ago.

I don't know how long we sat there just kissing but I pulled away when I needed oxygen and by the look on his face he needed it too. I don't think I'll ever get used to the feeling of kissing him. His eyes looked hooded, maybe it was just me, my brain wasn't functioning properly and my brain was still fuzzy, I probably looked flushed but I was okay with it, my eyes focused on his slightly parted lips as he tried to breath.

My eyes finally decided to look up and what I saw stopped my rushed breaths, he gave me a look that I had only heard of, that look that I've seen so many times on TV but never thought that it would ever be directed towards me.

I could see it swimming in his eyes, darkening his iris's, no one had ever looked at me like that, not even Nathan. I wasn't prepared for this kind of situation, even if he didn't say anything, he just sat there looking at me.

My cheeks were on fire at the thought of him looking at me that way, but that wasn't what I was most afraid of, no ,what scared me the most was that my eyes were looking at him in the same way.

"Have I told you how beautiful you are" he spoke breaking the silence

I didn't know how to respond, I felt embarrassed already with just my thoughts alone.

"Umm, uh, no not really" I shyly answered, it suddenly felt too intimate, sitting on his lap,

"I don't know if I was just blind or stupid but you are the most beautiful person I have ever met" he pecked my lips.

Maybe I could enjoy being here with him just for a few more hours, it's not like kate would appreciate us showing up in her room at two in the morning,

What was the rush anyways?

********

Hope you all are enjoying the new year,

Did you enjoy the chapter???

Nothing really happened but I think it was a sweet filler chapter,

There's a tiny star at the bottom of your page begging to be poked so if you can please vote.

Iove u💋

-Monalisi💖💖