27- Smiley face

*******

Through your eyes, the truth is revealed

-Monalisi

**********

" No no no" I tried to justify myself

"Oh my gosh, i can't believe you slept with him" she screamed.

"Shut up, do you want the whole neighbourhood to hear you!" I shushed my sister.

"You slept with someone!" we both looked back and there stood a very shocked looking Daniel.

"Yea Nathan" Kate said cheekily.

"I didn't sl-"  I was quickly cut off

"You actually slept with him?" Daniel looked bewildered.

"What's that suppose to mean huh, is Nathan not good enough for me " I narrowed my eyes at him.

"So you did sleep together" Kate exclaimed. She stepped closer "Tell me, he didn't do anything weird right" she whispered. What weird thing could a guy possibly do, I don't even want to think about it.

"I've been trying to tell you guys that I actually didn't sl- " I was cut off again but this time it was a voice I was not expecting.

"What's this about my best friend sleeping with a guy" Jade cat-walked  in like a model on the runway. Her head held high with an undeniable confidence.

"I leave for a few weeks and I miss out on so much, not even a hug" she waved her arms in the air and I sprinted, literally sprinted and gave her a very big hug. I missed her so much.

"Well I'm glad someone missed me" she said as her arms tightened around me. I missed her hugs so much. I looked and saw my sister at the corner of my eye dragging Daniel upstairs and she mouthed "We're not done"

"Jade!"  I exclaimed

"Hi babe" I smiled at her. She always gave me pet names like honey, boo, sweety, my love and her favourite 'babe'.

She pulled out of the hug and gave me one of those you better start explaining looks "What's this about you sleeping with a guy" she raised her eyebrow.

"I didn't sleep with him, i did but not in that way, we were on the  same bed but we didn't do anything, we just fell asleep" I quickly explained

"Mmmm interesting, Nathaniel right" she asked.I nodded. It sounds so weird when people call him by his full name, it's probably because I'm used to calling him Nathan.

"I need to meet him immediately" she pointed her finger in the air like cartoons do when they get a brilliant idea, "Invite him over tomorrow for breakfast or something" she beamed. It doesn't sound like a bad idea.

"Sure I'll text him" I told her. "Weren't you coming back tomorrow" I added. I was not ecxpecting her to come back today, if I knew I would've come back home earlier. Then we could've gone out to do something best friendy .

"Well my family caught an earlier flight back here and I thought I would come and see you first but you were practically gone for the whole day" she said.

I suddenly felt bad. She came to see me first and I wasn't even here. I'm sure she saw my change of mood because she quickly added " Don't feel bad , I should've called you but I heard you got an apartment." She smiled at me.

" Yea its perfect, I love it" I smiled as I remembered today's events. Seeing my apartment. Being with Nathan. That boy was something else.

A thought suddenly dawned on me. "Its late, are you staying over." I asked her.

She nodded her head frantically "I'll sleep with you, since Daniel took the guest bedroom and I'm  not going to sleep in your parents room. That would be weird" she rambled on.

"Okay okay, let's go up to my room and I'll tell you all about Nathan" I squeaked and pulled her upstairs with me. I can't even explain how happy I am that Jade is back.

We both got Into my room. I quickly sat on the bed and patted the spot next to me. She sat down and gave me one of those knowing looks that told me to start talking. And so I did, i told everything from meeting Nathan at the cafe, our date, and even how the whole misunderstanding of sleeping with him started.

"Why didn't you?" she asked with excitement in her eyes.

"Why didn't I what?" I asked back.

"You know" she scooted next to me "give It to him" she whispered.

I took a moment to think of what she was trying to say, "Noo Jade, how could you even think that" I exclaimed as I got up and turned my back against her. You'd think I was angry but I actually turned around because I was blushing like a ripe tomato, even though tomatoes don't really blush, why am I talking about tomatoes again?.

"I'm just saying your not getting any younger and plus with what you've  told me, he's a dream boat" she sighed dramatically and fell on my bed.

I turned around and glared a her but she was just smiling innocently at me. I went back and sat on the bed but she pulled me so I was lying I bed with her, we were both looking at the ceiling. "Don't you ever wish he could touch you, kiss you until your -"  I quickly cut her off by placing my hand over her mouth. "Shut up" I breathed out. I could clearly see the amusement in her eyes as she looked at me. She nodded her head and I removed my hand.

"Oh my goodness, Nathan stop your driving me crazy" she moaned out.  To say I was shocked was an understatement. Utterly shocked. She looked at me with the corner of her eye and started laughing. "Oh my God you should see your face" she laughed harder when I hid my face with one of my pillows.

"Oh honey I missed you so much" her voice was low.

"I missed you too" I smiled up at her.

"Well as we're talking about Nathaniel, text him and tell him to come tomorrow" she picked herself up from the bed and handed me her phone.

I quickly opened it and went to Nathan's contact.

*Hi*

Nathan * Hey Ker, what's up*

*Did you get home safely*. Jade rolled her eyes when she saw me send that message.

Nathan *Yea, I had fun today*

I mentally awwwwed.

*Me too, I was wondering if you'd like to come over for breakfast, My best friend would like to meet you*

Nathan *Jade came back already?*

Jade started squealing a whole bunch of "he knows who I am"

*Yeah it was a pleasant surprise*

Nathan *I'll be there ;)*

Jade squealed again and shook my shoulders "He sent you a smiley face, he must really like you" she smiled.

" Go to bed" I threw a pillow in her face.

"How rude" she huffed and got into my blanket.

I quickly changed into my pyjamas

I also got into my blanket. I missed sleeping like this with Jade, I missed her so much. I snuggled closer to her and went to sleep.

************************

😀😛😙

-Monalisi

Please check out my other book, Hiding From My Alpha, i posted it recently