23 -Claustrophobic?

******
Nathan's pov

No no no

This can't be happening. We're stuck in a elevator. I knew this was a bad idea, I should've just told her that we should take the stairs. How could I be so stupid.

Breathe in,

breathe out,

Shit no I'm packing.

'Pull yourself together man , don't let Kerrie see you like this.' I told myself

"Nathan what's wrong your breathing very hard" I heard Kerrie, she sounded very worried. It was still dark , I couldn't see her but I assume she reached out because in no time she had wrapped her arms around me

"Are you okay?" She asked again

I slid down to the floor and she crouched down in front of me and held the sides of my face with her hands. "Nathan talk to me, what's wrong?" She sounded like she was about to cry.

"I can't breathe" I wheezed out.

"What do you mean you can't breathe, there's lots of air in here" she said and I felt her fan her hand around, blowing wind onto my face, "wait a second". I heard some ruffling and then there was light. Kerrie had brightened up this cursed elevator with the flashlight from her phone. I could see her finally. She looked very worried but most of all I could see the fear in her eyes. She looked at me for a very long time. I on the other hand was probably stealing all the oxygen in here. There wasn't enough air in here , I kept on breathing very hard and I couldn't calm down. I didn't like being so weak in front of Kerrie.

"Your claustrophobic aren't you" she said in realization.

I just nodded my head. I can't believe I even walked into an elevator. Judging by my last experiences with elevators I should've learned by now. I wasn't even thinking when I climbed into this deathtrap. Kerrie looked so excited to see her new place. Yes I definetly wasn't thinking.

"Why didn't you tell me, we could've taken the stairs or something" she softly said and lightly hit my shoulder.

"Im sorry" I smiled at her. We really needed to get out of here.

"Kerrie" I whispered but it was so low I was suprised she heard me, she looked me in the eye "I need you close, please" I don't even know what I was pleading for. I'd normally want people far from me so I can feel free to breathe but she made everything different for me, I wanted her close to me, I needed her close.

She quickly sat beside me and put me in her arms. She ran her hand through my hair and whispered really calming things.

"Imagine this" she started

"Imagine we're on a nice big cruise ship going to Hawaii, yes Hawaii or any other place you want to go to, Feel the air against your skin, sipping on a cold beverage in the warm sun. Nathan did you see that" she asked at the end of her story. I had my eyes closed imagining myself far from here. "No I didn't see it" I breathed out.

"Well you missed it, a large white eagle with black wings flew above our heads chasing a smaller black eagle, they looked so majestic, and the food here tastes amazing ,you have to taste it, I'm sure you'll love it."

At this point of the story I was just listening. I'm sure she knew I wasn't going to answer. My breathing had gone down but I still had a large ball of panic in my chest. She continued

"Can you hear the song their playing in the back. There's an orchestra here. You can take my hand and lead us down to where the orchestra is, and spoil me like crazy. We listen to the orchestra and an old man starts to sing, do you recognise the song, I'll sing it for you okay"

She cleared her throat and started singing.

There is a house built out of stone
Wooden floors, walls and window sills
Tables and chairs worn by all of the dust
This is a place where I don't feel alone
This is a place where I feel at home.

And I built a home
for you
for me

Until it disappeared
from me
from you

And now, it's time to leave and turn to dust........

Out in the garden where we planted the seeds
There is a tree as old as me
Branches were sewn by the color of green
Ground had arose and passed its knees

By the cracks of the skin I climbed to the top
I climbed the tree to see the world
When the gusts came around to blow me down
Held on as tightly as you held on me

And I built a home
for you
for me

Until it disappeared
from me
from you

And now, it's time to leave and turn to dust.......

She sounds just like an angel when she's singing. I finally calmed down and my breathing was finally leveled.

"I like your voice" I whispered into her ear. I still had my eyes closed.

"Thank you, are you good?" She asked, "Yeah I'm good but we still need to get out of here" I replied. I felt her nod. I still had my arms around her and she was hugging me too.

"Thank you for helping me, " I breathed out.

"Anyone would've done the same , it's not like I could've ran away"

I smiled at that. This felt nice , Just us two,

Suddenly the light switched on and the elevator started moving

"Yes" I heard Kerrie exclaim. She quickly picked up her phone and stood up probably waiting for the doors to open.

I felt empty without her around me, but that feeling was quickly replaced by relief when the doors open.

I quickly stepped out along with her and took a well needed breathe of air.

"Next time we're taking the stairs." I said and held her hand

"Definetly" she smiled at me.

So there will be a next time, that thought itself just made me the happiest man alive.

*******

This is a filler chapter, not much happened but I still hope you liked it, if you liked it please vote, comment or whatever you want.

-Monalisi