19 -Say something

********

-When words make noise, silence can talk.

********

Kerrie's pov

The basement. How long have I not been in there.

Kate quickly unlocked the door and switched on the light. Our basement wasn't one of those creepy basements that you see on tv with the spider webs and wierd red eyes shining at the corner of the room. Heck no. Our basement was our second living room , nice brown couches, tables, a tv and lots more things. This room was rarely used but my mom came in here everyday to clean it. Kate dragged me and Danny down the stairs and she quickly looked around before she found what she was looking for.

I on the other hand had seen it exactly when she switched on the lights. How I missed him so much and yes its a boy, i don't know why but when my parents bought it , i quickly named him Ben. He's not a pet if that's what your thinking. He's made of fine material that glosses in the light but I had covered him with a velvet fabric covering it all.

She let go of my hand and ran to it. She grabbed the velvet material and threw it off and all I could do was look at it, my parents had bought it for me and Kate but I was the only one who bothered to learn how to play it so it is now technically mine. I missed him so much. I can't believe I haven't used him in so long, I used the one at school and I may have neglected mine. My precious Ben, it still stole my heart just the day we got it. I stepped forward and sat on the stool directly in front of it. I placed my hands on its keys and it was just music to my ears.

My piano

My grand piano

"Play something" I looked up and saw my sister gleaming at me with adoration in her eyes.

So I played, a happy song, a song I had learned at school. My fingers felt like they were floating above every key I played. I closed my eyes savouring the beautiful music that ringed through my ears. I was on cloud nine. Music is my passion and i couldnt imagine doing anything else.

I suddenly head clapping and i looks up to see my sister and also Danyy clapping for me.

"That was so beautiful kerrie" Kate beamed. Danny gave me a nod of agreement. Pssshh boys.

"Okay so now I wanna hear you guys sing together" she practically shoved Daniel into the stool next to me.

"You want to play" I asked him gesturing to the piano. " No thanks I'm not that good yet" he stated .

"Which song do you want to sing" he asked me and i knew the perfect song.

I started the song and he kind of looked confused before I assume he finally recognised which song I was playing.

I started singing.

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'll be the one, if you want me to
Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

(Daniel and Kerrie)

And I am feeling so small
It was over my head
I know nothing at all

And I will stumble and fall
I'm still learning to love
Just starting to crawl

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

(Kerrie)

And I will swallow my pride
You're the one that I love
And I'm saying goodbye

(Daniel and kerrie)

Say something, I'm giving up on you
And I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
And anywhere I would've followed you (Oh-oh-oh-oh)
Say something, I'm giving up on you

(Daniel )

Say something, I'm giving up on you
Say something...

Someone shoot me

He can sing , like he can sing. Was that him or an angel singing. I think I owe someone an apology for underestimating him. He even sings better than me. I looked at him and he was already looking at me " You can sing" I said sort of breathless. "I tried to tell you but you wouldn't believe me" he smirked

Wow , why was I the only one who can't get over his voice. I kind of felt like a girl at a One direction concert.

"I told you he could sing" Kate sang as I watched her walk up the stairs " Carry on singing" she added

"Say something" he sang slowly while playing the right keys on the keyboard. I slowly turned my head around and looked at him. I was kind of surprised at his close proximity and the fact that he played that note perfectly.

"Anywhere I would followed you" he sang

"Say something I'm giving up on you" I joined in.

"And I'm feeling so small" I sang

"Your the one that I love and I'm saying goodbye" he sang/whispered in my ear. He stopped playing the piano and just stared at me and all I could was stare back, there was something in his eyes that I couldn't decipher.

"Say something" he whispered and his breathe was fanning over my lips and for a second my brain felt kind of fuzzy before I uprubtly stood up and walked really fast towards the stairs

"We'll sing later okay, i just need to get a drink of water" i said not even looking back at him.

"Wait kerrie" Danny called out

I fast walked up the stairs and was shocked when I opened the door.

"Nathan" I breathed out

*******

.

😙😙😘😙😘😚 Thankyou to everyone who read, voted and commented for my book. I appreciate it.