18- A duet?

******

Kerrie's pov

I woke up to a blinding light entering my room. I peeled my eyes open and saw Kate opening my curtains. "Whyy" I cried as I fell back onto my pillow.

"Wake up sis it's a new day" she responded while laughing.

"Where's mom and dad?" I havent seen them in along time.

"They went on a cruise" she said

"What! When?!" I can't believe they wouldn't tell me..

"They wanted to tell you but you were still sleeping yesterday and they told me to tell you" she explained.

"So when are they coming back?" I asked I ready missed my dad and my mom too ofcorse.

"Nobody knows" she said with a mischevious smile on her face.

"And remember your university  is opening in two days so you have to get used to waking up not so late." she added.

School is opening in two days, that means Jade is coming back tomorrow.

I quickly jumped off my bed and started shaking. "Jade is coming back. Jade is coming back"

"Yes yes but she's not back yet so calm your little but down." she responded while finishing off opening my curtains.

"Why'd you wake me up so early?" I whined sitting on my bed.

"Early; you call this early, look at the time" she stated with her arms crossed

I knew I definitely had confusion written all over my face but nonetheless I reached out for the little clock I had in my room and was shocked to see that it was a few minutes past one in the afternoon.

"My goodness , why did I sleep for so long" I asked

"Well don't ask me , I swear its like you were drunk last night" she said laughing. "And you still have a date to tell me about" she said pointing her finger at me and walking out my door.

Last night?

Date?

I always feel like I get temporary amnesia every time I sleep for too long, it takes a bit I time for me to remember..

mmmmm.

Nathan!! My date with Nathan!

I quickly looked down and yes indeed I was still in yesterdays dress but I still had his jacket on me. It is too big anyways. I couldn't see the tip of my fingers and it was super long,  I couldn't even see my butt.

But it was Nathan's and the thought of him made me giggle to myself and dance around my room and finally fall onto my bed inhaling his scent that lingered on his jacket. It still smells like him.

Chirp chirp Chirp chirp

That's wierd, i don't remember leaving my laptop on but it got a notification.

It was from school.
I read and i read until a sentence caught my eye.

Sing a duet with any whom you choose. Your song will be judged by the rubric you have on page 241 of your Life Song text book. Please submit your song through video or come to the main hall at the University in the next three weeks. This is to judge your people skills, your partner could be anyone at all.

A duet huh. Who am i suppose to do a duet with.

I really don't have time to be thinking about it right now, Getting up I went downstairs to the kitchen to make breakfast for my self. But before I could step in I heard giggling and little kissy noises.

Dang it, it must be my sister and Danny. I quickly shielded my eyes with one hand and held out the other one so I wouldn't bump into anything as I slowly walked into the kitchen. "Innocent child coming in, please stop whatever you are doing because I am hungry" I stated

"You can look now" I heard Kerrie say and i slowly lowered my hand from my eyes. Okay everything looks PG13 in here. Kerrie was sitting on one of the stools and Danny was sitting on top of the table.

I suddenly felt a small piece of something hit my forehead with a light thump. I immediately glared at the direction of the idiot that decided to hit me with a grape!.

"Heyy what was that for!" he just shrugged and threw a grape in his mouth " Staring is rude Kerrie" he said

"What was I staring at , your ruining my already 30% ruined morning" I said in frustration. This made him stop mid way from eating another grape. He was about to say something but then my sister beat him to it.

"What happened sis" my sister asked me.

"Well I need to find a partner for this duet I got for a school assignment , an early school assignment can you believe that , where am I suppose to find a partner who can sing with me" I vented all my frustrations to Kate.

"I'll  help you" I heard a voice say, I kind of forgot that Danny was still in the same room.

"You can sing" I had to ask, I  couldn't believe it.

"Like a God" Kate said dreamily

"I won't say like a God but I'm an okay singer."

"See this Is perfect , you've already found a partner and you didn't have to look far" Kate practically squealed in my ear.

"Woah woah woah I haven't even said yes" I said and Kate's face practically fell.

"What's there to think about Kerrie; he's a great singer" she tried to convince me.

"Yeah and I won't even charge you for my services , I'll sing for free" he stated with a smug smile on his face.

"Really thank you so much" I said sarcasticly

"Oh its my pleasure" he replied

"Come on come on just say yes" Kate begged me

Should I say yes. I mean I would save a lot of time with him because he lives under the same roof , but I don't even know if he really knows how to sing, i could just fire him if he can't sing so I guess it's not really permanent if I say yes.

"Okay fine,  he'll be my partner" I sighed

"Yes yes "Kerrie cheered. "But i still don't know If he can sing " I said.

"Then go sing now" Kerrie said as she pushed me and pulled Danny by his arm and I knew exactly where she was taking us.

*******

😙😙😙😙😙

Sorry for taking so long to update. I really hope you like this chapter.

-Monalisi