22- Old man Louis

********

'- Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired

-Robert Frost

********
Kerrie's pov

Nathan and I walked out of the house holding hands but he let go to open the door for me. Nonetheless my hand kind of felt lonely when he let go. I quickly got in the car and he closed the door and walked around the car and got into the drivers seat. He is such a gentleman.

"So where exactly are we going" he asked as he started the car. He gave me such a warm smile.

I quickly looked at the key and read the address aloud. " 13 Ackerman street"

" I know where that is" he stated proudly. "Then drive us there Mr know it all" I lightly shoved his shoulder and he let out a low chuckle.

The car fell into a comfortable silence. I felt something warm against my hand and I looked down and saw that Nathan had put his over my hand. I looked up at him and he had his eyes on the road with a small smile on his lips.

The more I looked at our joined hands the more I thought of Danny. I know I shouldn't be thinking of him at this moment but his voice earlier, my goodness I felt like a preteen going crazy over a celebrity, his voice is so smooth I'd probably fall asleep in two seconds if he sang me to sleep. Come to think of it that doesn't sound like a bad idea. No no no I shouldn't think about that.

But I couldn't stop thinking about that moment we had when my sister left. When he whispered "say something" my heart skipped a beat, he was just too close, I nearly leaned in to him. I don't know what made me want to do that, maybe it was because I still long for someone to love me.

Yes Nathan is so nice to me, he cares about me and shows me the brighter side of life. Who am I to think otherwise. I like him, I like him a lot. He makes me happy, smile, laugh.

"What are you thinking" he asked eying me.

"You" it slipped and i felt like slapping myself. How stupid.

He smiled down at his lap and looked back at the road. "I hope its only good things" , "Is my girlfriend excited about her new apartment" he added.

"What!" Did he just say girlfriend, he hasn't even asked me.

"Last night" he paused "while you were sleep drunk, i asked you to be my girlfriend" he smiled " You said yes" he turned his to probably look at my expression.

I'm shocked, did I really say yes. I must've been very tired . But the thought of me as his girlfriend didn't sound too bad. It actually made me feel all giddy inside.

"Okay" I replied

"Wait what" he stopped the car making me jerk forward.

He turned his whole body around and faced me. He pulled both of my hands and held them in his hands. "You really want to be my girlfriend."

He held my hands so tightly and there was so much adoration in his eyes.

" Yes " I said with the most confidence

"Oh baby, you don't know how happy you made me" he exclaimed and gave me a long hug.

"I promise your going to be the happiest girl in the world" he leaned his head against mine. "I'll make you so happy".

And I didn't doubt him at all.

"Okay I think I should start driving again" he said as he looked outside and saw that we had a number of cars behind us. I didn't even notice all the cars hooting at us. Oops.

He quickly started the car and off we went. I switched on the the radio and 'can't stop the feeling by Justin Timberlake" started playing .

I turned the volume higher and it started to sound like a party. I bet this car looked like a moving stereo on wheels.  I started singing along to the song

I got this feeling inside my bones
It goes electric, wavey when I turn it on
All through my city, all through my home
We're flying up, no ceiling, when we in our zone

I got that sunshine in my pocket
Got that good soul in my feet
I feel that hot blood in my body when it drops, ooh
I can't take my eyes up off it, moving so phenomenally
Room on lock the way we rock it, so don't stop

And under the lights when everything goes
Nowhere to hide when I'm getting you close
When we move, well, you already know
So just imagine, just imagine, just imagine
Nothing I can see but you when you dance, dance, dance
Feeling good, good, creeping up on you
So just dance, dance, dance, come on
All those things I shouldn't do
But you dance, dance, dance
And ain't nobody leaving soon, so keep dancing

I can't stop the feeling
So just dance, dance, dance
I can't stop the feeling
So just dance, dance, dance, come on

Ooh, it's something magical
It's in the air, it's in my blood, it's rushing on
Don't need no reason, don't need control
I fly so high, no ceiling, when I'm in my zo-

I looked over at Nathan and he didn't look bothered at all. The car slowly stopped , i raised my eyebrow. He tried to say something over the music but I couldn't hear him, "What" i mouthed. He reached out and turned down the volume. I don't know why I didn't think of it.

"We're here" he said calmly. I quickly looked outside and indeed we were here. He got out of the car and opened my door for me. "Oh your such a gentleman" I said and he held out is hand "Anything for my lady" he smiled.

We walked towards the the large building and entered.There must be many people living here, judging by the size maybe 10 floors, I hope it wasn't expensive. There was a nice looking old man at reception and as we walked closer I saw he had a name tag 'Louis' it said.

"How may I help you today" he said very slowly, he must be pretty old. "Hello umm Louis , my name is Kerrie Boulevard and I have an apartment to look at." I stated

He looked at me and then looked down at some papers " Oh yes, Miss Boulevard" , "Room number 55 , on the 6th floor" he added.He smiled at me and it kind of reminded me of my Granfather. I haven't seen him in a long time.

Nathan walked beside me to he elevator. We both got in and he pressed the 6th floor button. Relaxing music was playing in the background, it was very cozy in here.The walls were orange and had a brown lining on top. A soft black rug was under our feet.

As we went higher and higher the elevator suddenly stopped and the lights switched off.

No no no

*****

ooooooo

Someone's in trouble. I apologise for not updating sooner but things came up, but I did update now and i hope you enjoyed the chapter and won't have my head for lunch.

Thankyou to everyone who's reading.

-Monalisi😙😙