Chapter 22: You Didn't Love Her

***Jade's POV(Monday)***

Today we have a field trip to the zoo. Of course our Science Enrichment teacher, Miss Rubenstein is assigning the partners. Hopefully Per and I get paired up.

I sat next to her as the bell rung. We're gonna be spending our whole day at the L.A. Zoo, how wonderful. Maybe they'll let Kylie got in the ape exhibit to see her family, who knows.

"..hey I kinda wanna get Dee and Blake something at the gift shop,"I told Perrie.

She nodded,"that'd be cool. I'll get Dee something and you get Blake something."

"Alright students settle down,"Miss Rubenstein said."Ok here are the partners. Kylie Benson with Jordan Michaels. Perrie Edwards with Spencer Greene. Justin Miller with Denise Patricks. Jennifer Bailey with David Romo. Michelle Richards with Emily Jenner. Madison Alamia with Jade Edwards. And finally Amelia Nelson with Toby Jones."

Wait what?

Perrie looked at me with wide eyes. So it's true.

I turned around to see Madison just as shocked as I am.

~*~

"..we should do our research projects on snakes 'cause they're cold blooded like someone I know,"I said with Madison following me.

"Jade wait up,"he said jogging up towards me."Can we talk?"

I stopped in my tracks and turned around and faced him,"there's nothing to talk about."

"Yeah there is. Look I'm sorry about what I did to Perrie. Believe me I did love her."

"You didn't love her. You just didn't want to be alone. Or maybe, maybe she was just good for your ego. Or, or maybe she made you feel better about your miserable life, but you didn't love her. Because you don't destroy people you love,"I snapped."And we're not talking about this again. Let's just get this stupid project done, tomorrow at lunch we'll be at the library finishing this up so I won't have to see you ever again."

I knew my words affected them. Heck, somethings I say always affect people. Let's not forget about the Chuck Taylors and High Heels thing. Now that was an awesome comeback.

I then got a text from Savannah.

S: How ya holding up?

J: It is awful...plz save me

S: Wish I can..got paired up with Mikey for trust fall at PE. tryna get Li to talk to me :P

J: Is it working?

S: Sadly no..gtg byee

J: Byee xxx 

I sighed. Lita hasn't talked to any of us. Still with her group of 'friends' instead of us. Stupid Mikey, had to ruin everything didn't he?

***Lita's POV***

I felt bad. She came back. She expected everything to go back to the way it was before. But it won't.

Right now it's lunch and I'm with my friends just hanging. I looked like a punk. I had my hair light brown like it was before the red. I had on a black tank-top, dark short shorts, and black combat boots. My hair in crisp, waves like usual. I had on light make-up, simple eyeliner, mascara, and black nail polish. 

I sat observing everything. I then saw Kylie and Delilah taunting Savannah so much that she was backed up against the wall.

Enraged I ran, slid on my pants and stood next to Savannah.

"Why don't you take your sluttiness else where so you won't get Savannah affected by it,"I sneered making them back up.

Of course they'd be scared of me 'cause they ran off.

"Thanks,"Savannah mumbled.

"It's nothing,"I muttered.

"Lita.."she began."Are you doing alright?"

"Why are you asking me that? How 'bout you?"

"Li, I'm fine. I'm working on getting over it. You? You look like you've died, twice."

I chuckled,"I'm doing alright. I joined a new group of friends."

"I uh see that. Why don't you join us? Me, Perrie, Jade, and Gab? Like the good ol' times, we're still working on getting Ang back though."

"How are you so smiley about everything?"

"I'm not gonna cry as much anymore. My mascara's too expensive. I use to think that I was drowning in the world and he was standing 3 ft away screaming 'learn how to swim.'"

"Don't you reget your choices?"

"I don't regret the past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people and the wrong things. If you wanna join us you know where to find us."

She walked away leaving me stunned and shocked.

How was she so surprisingly calm about this? I'd be heartbroken. But she was right. I'm not gonna regret the past, the wrong people I've spent my time with.

It's probably something Dad would do.

My dad engulfed me into a hug as I cried into his shoulder. How could I have been so wrong? 

"Dad,"I stuttered as I sobbed.

"Shhh, don't cry Li,"he said as he stroked my back."Grandma May wouldn't want you to cry. Heck if she met that boy she would've gave him a good slapping."

"Dad, it's fine. He doesn't like me, he told me in front of everyone,"I murmured.

"Life's like that,"he said as he sat me next to him as I laid my head on his arm and hiccuped as each tear fell."Life is like driving-if you go slow you can see what's coming; if you go by too fast, you won't see what's coming towards you. In life, there's many things that we have to learn to let go. We have to let go of situations, things, memories, people, and even ourselves. Li you have to accept what happened. You are only 12. *Chuckles*My little girl's already growing up. The bad things in life open your eyes to the good things you weren't paying attention to before. Plus I doubt those Boyz would like to see you unhappy."

"I'm just sad because I really liked him; more than I've liked anyone in a long time. Tonight I got slapped in the face with reality that I'll never be able to call him mine and that isn't a very big deal to him."

"You gotta move on. Life can be unfair sometimes but it's just not the reason to give up." 

Dad.

My father, the only person who'd joke around with me, my best friend, the one guy who'd always look on the bright side. Where is he now? In the hospital, in a coma. The same thing for the past year and a half. Stupid drunk driver, stupid traffic, stupid rain. You had to ruin everything! I hate you.

The reason why Lita is well..Lita. Anyway hoped you guys like this chappie. Kinda hard writing this 'cause my dad and my mom's co-workers are all drunk. Ugh.

Much Love Guys.

~IaMmE_Chick

Xxxxx