Chapter 43 Part lll: Masquerade Ball

***Perrie's POV***

I sat in the passenger seat of Spencer's truck. His hand over mine, the other on the steering wheel. I had my mask resting on the dashboard of the car as the raindrops hit the window. Leaving a pitter patter noise which seemed in sync to the song playing on the radio. Eminem and Rihanna's voice playing in the background as my thoughts haunt me.

I sat across from him, at the same table we sat at months ago. Even with our desserts in front of us neither seemed too eager to it. We were more nervous and too in thought of being together after months of hateful words said to each other.

"I'm sorry,"he broke the silence, causing me to look up and meet his eyes which were full of guilt and hatred, but not towards me, towards himself.

"Mad.."

"No it's true. God I was so dense. I can't believe I broke up with you for someone, someone like Kylie. I am so freaking sorry,"he choked out, tears started forming in his eyes but he blink them away. Not wanting to cry. Being the 'tough' guy he's known for.

"It's not your fault. You wanted what you thought was best for us,"I spoke quietly as condensation started forming on my cup.

"But it's not for the best,"he said, leaving me in shock and looking at him once more.

"What?"I asked, not believing what he just said.

"It wasn't for the best. Breaking up with you, jeez that was the worst mistake of my life. I don't wanna seem cheesy but for you it's worth it,"he said humouressly as his face gave a blankd expression. Not showing any emotion."If I was still with you, I wouldn't be with Kylie. And..and you wouldn't be with Spencer."

"Madison, you can't do this. Spencer use to be your friend. You have to keep in consideration about not just me, but Spencer and unfortunately Kylie as well. I hate to admit this but what about Kylie? How do you think she'll feel? God when you left me for another girl it hurted so bad, like I couldn't breathe and the world all of a sudden stopped. I don't want Kylie to feel like that."

"Y-You don't wanna get back together?"

"I..I don't think it's right for me to answer that."

His facial expression turned from hurt to rather rage,"what? You have every right to!"

"Madison, I don't think you should hear what I have to say. God this is so like you! I don't even know who the hell you are anymore. Jesus Christ all you have to talk about with me is us. That's the only thing you seem to talk about. Even if we're not dating you can't talk to me about other things? Like if choir is going well, if Dee or Blake is ok. Anything, but not just our relationship. I'm sick of your attitude lately. You're not the same, Madison. I don't know what the bloody hell happen to you, but i don't like it. And I'm sure your fans don't either,"I spat as I stood up from my seat."Until you find the Madison I met, then I don't want to talk to you."

And with that I stormed away in a huff. My breathing getting heavy as I rushed to go home. Tears cascaded down my face, causing my make-up to stain letting the tears turn blac from the mascara. My lower lip quivering because of the fight just now. God I knew this was a horrible idea.

Why can't it be like how it was in England? When boys had only mere crushes on you and ask you out shyly. Where drama wasn't necessary at school because there everyone minded their own business more than they do here. It seems like the time I've spent here is mostly drama. Oh how I miss it when things in the beginning was good. Now it seem like everytime I try to fix things it just backfires on me. Like fate doesn't want things to go back to normal.