Chapter 35: Meeting Wes' Mom

***Gabby's POV***

I was at my locker getting my textbooks and shoving them in my backpack. It's Tuesday, ugh, too far from the weekend. But I'm excited because I will be getting my dress for the dance, and meeting Wes' mom.

To be honest somoe girls might be scared to death on meeting a boy's parents, but I'm not. I'm estatic to be honest. Truth is, I like Wes, a lot. He makes me feel special, loved, and whenever I'm with him it's never a dull moment. It's always fun and exciting with him. He made me feel like I'm on Cloud 9. Like he's my safe haven.

"Hey Gab,"I heard a voice say as strong, lean arms were wrap around my tiny, petite waist.

I couldn't help but giggle at his actions,"hey yourself."

I turned around so I faced him,"so you ready?"

"Yup. How 'bout you?"he asked me as he let go of me so I closed my locker door.

"Now I'm ready. Let's go,"I grinned.

He took his hand in my and intertwined them and gave them a squeeze,"alright. Now let's go."

We left the building and took the Muni which headed to the street where Wes' mom works at. The whole time he never let go on my hand which was fine by me. He kept me cracking up the whole ride there and I did the same.

When we reached the destination stopped we got off, hand in hand.

"Hello Wesley,"an older woman said as we passed by a florist shop.

"Hi I'm Mrs. Walkins,"Wes said returning the gesture the woman did.

"Is this your girlfriend?"Mrs. Walkins asked as she cocked her head to the side and smiled at the sight of me.

I blushed when she said that as I looked down, suddenly interested in my worn out black Allstars. I tucked a whisp of my brown hair behind my ear trying to distract myself from the embarrassment.

Wes' cheeks turned to a rosy color,"uh I um, no. She's a friend from school."

"Oh sorry you two just look good together,"she stated.

"Thank you,"I said softly.

"Well we better get going,"Wes said.

"Of course. Wesley tell your mother I said hi will you?"the elder woman asked.

"Sure. Bye Mrs. Walkins,"Wes replied.

I waved bye to the woman before following Wes to a shop a few stores down from the florists.

"Sorry about her,"Wes said sheepishly.

"Don't worry. She seems nice,"I reassured the blushing, embarrassed boy.

"Just wait till you meet my mom,"he said.

"I'm sure she's just as lovely as her son,"I teased pinching his cheeks.

"Wesley?"an older voice called out.

Coming out from the back was a woman.

Her hair was a dark chestnut color that had some gray streaking in it that reached to her collarbones and one side pinned with a bobbypin. Her eyes were a nice beautiful hazel color with slight wrinkles around it, probably working. She had some bags under her eyes but it didn't really matter to me. She had on simple jeans, a gray pullover with a long, gray cardigan over it, and simple brown loafers. She gave me a warm feeling. I could already tell that she was nice.

She smiled when she saw me,"hello. Are you Wes' girlfriend?"

"Mom!"Wesley exclaimed in embarrassment.

Wes' mom put her hands up in surrender with a playful smile on her face,"sorry son. Didn't mean to embarrass you."

"Sorry um, just a friend,"I said."I'm Gabby. It's nice to meet you Mrs. Clarke."

"Please call me Karen, Mrs. Clarke is overrated. It's such a pleasure to meet you Gabby,"Mrs. Clarke- I mean Karen-said as she gave me a hug.

"Wesley's been talking about you nonstop. Every day it's something with you,"she informed.

I raised an eyebrow as I looked at the boy with the bright crimson cheeks,"oh is that so?"

"Mom,"Wes groaned with his head thrown back.

"Sorry being embarrassing again,"Karen apologized to her son, but I don't think she meant it. She just loves embarrassing her son for the reaction of it."So how may I help you?"

"Oh so we have a masquerade ball at school. And I was wondering if you can help Gabby find a dress,''Wes explained, glad that the subject of him rambling on and on about me was over.

"Of course. It'd be such a pleasure Gabby!"Karen squealed.

"Thank you so much!"I told her.

"Now let's get to work,"Karen said clapping her hands in excitement.

~*~

Karen wouldn't let me or Wes see the choices of dress she chose for me. So to past time we just chatted.

"Sorry about my mom, she's so embarrassing,"he muttered.

I laughed as I pecked his cheek,"don't worry. Hey you met my mom she was much more embarrassing."

"But I loved it when she and Jasmine told me stories on how you were such an interesting kid and all those baby pictures,"he fake gasped.

I rolled my eyes,"oh shut it Clarke. But seriously your mom is like the coolest. She's so nice. And..do you really talk about me?"

"Of course,"he responded quietly."Gabby.."

I didn't know how to respond to him. He talks about me to his mom. That is so sweet.

I remember Louis telling me how the day after I met his parents and Angelica that they were obsessed with me. How Angelica told him to tell me that she and I should go on some shopping spree sometime or how his parents always wants me over for dinner.

No. Don't torture yourself Gabby. That was the past. This is the present. Besides Louis has Maryse, maybe Louis' parents and Angelica love her just as much as they love me, if not, even more.

"Hey you alright?"Wes asked as he put his hand on top of mine.

"Stupid Maryse,"I murmured bitterly as I used the back of my other hand and wiped away the stray tears on my face.

He did this to me. He made me weak. And that's a feeling that I never want: to feel weak. To me feeling weak is a sign of giving up. People say why do I have so many masks, why I try to hide my feelings. Why I put distance between people and why I don't wanna get attached. Because I'm always right. I put distance between Savannah and the others when I first met them because I'm always afraid that I'll get hurt. And when I finally let down my barriers I did get hurt. Louis hurted me. The guys hurted me. Even sometimes the girls, they just don't know it.

Masks hide the truth. And I'd rather hide the truth than get hurt.

Awe how cute. So you asked for it Gabby jeez, Webby alright?

Much Love Guys

~IaMmE_Chick

Xxxx