Chapter 43 Part lV: Masquerade Ball

***Savannah's POV***

As Gabby and I stepped in the decorated gym we were in awe.

Gold and silver streams hung all around, white Christmad lights dangled down from the ceiling make it sparkle everytime the light reached the bottom. Balloons scattered on the floor and the ones filled with helium stayed at the top of the gym.

'Neon Lights' by Demi Lovato blared through the big speakers the choir lended. Microphones were on the built stage along with guitars ready, and drums. 

Kids danced, some just stood near the food table, and others just sat in the bleachers and talked. I spotted Perrie with Spencer and they were laughing as he spun her around while holding her hand, the way they do it in the movies. I saw Ang with Dylan who just offered her a cup of punch. And finally Jade, Jesy, and Leigh-Anne were dancing with some random guys that go to our school.

"Hey I'm gonna go to Wes, you ok here?"Gab asked.

I nodded and gave her a reassuring smile,"Yea. Go have fun. Don't worry 'bout me. But remember 11 then Trevor's gonna pick us up."

"Alright. I'll meet you outside the school, where he dropped us off 'kay?"

"Ok."

With that I lost her in the crowd but later see her with Wes who gave her a chaste kiss and hug.

I smiled at their PDA, it waa cute. Just hope they get together.

I kept looking for Anthony but as I was my phone buzzed to see a text from him.

'Hey babe. God i am so sorry, but i cant make it to the dance. mom needs me to watch olivia. i swear i'll make it up to you. date tomorrow k?-Babe'

'uh yeah sure. thanks for telling me. see you tomorrow i guess.' 

I sighed as I slipped my phone in my pocket and just stood near the entrance. I didn't wanna intrude on my friends and have them worry. Wait, what about Lita? Never mind, she's with Andre. Hold on, are they dating?! 

"-you look beautiful,"a familiar voice compliment.

I turned to my left to be face to face with the one and only Mr. Fusco.

He looked good. He wore dark jeans, a navy dress shirt, a black tie, and a blak blazer. His mask was just black and plain. His hair not completely gelled but still in its spikey state.

"Not too bad yourself,"I tease him causing him to laugh."So where's Hollie?"

He shrugged,"well actually she came here with her friends, the guys and I came here ourselves. And then she told me she'll see me later. So, where's Anthony?"

"Not coming,"I replied as I looked at my freshly painted metallic nails.

"Well, since both our dates aren't here, why don't we hang out. I mean, that is what friends do."

"True. Alright,"I agreed as we headed to the center of the gym.

And if it wasn't cheesy enough, slow music started playing. I saw the DJ smirk as he grabbed the mic,"alright everyone. Slow dance time. So, grab a partner."

Mikey blushed as he shyly offered me a hand,"wanna dance?"

I gave him a coy smile as I nodded feebly,"uh yeah. I'd love to."

He held one of my hand which seemed tiny compared to his. And the other hand on the lower part of my back. He held me cautiously, as if I'd explode in his face. I smirked as I let go of his hand and brought it to my back while I had my arms placed on his shoulders and stepped a bit closer towards him.

"Wha-what are you doing?"he whispered, his hot breath fanning my face.

"Dancing,"I say innocently."Chill out Mikey, we're just friends. It's fine. Relax and just, have fun."

He wasn't as tense but he still was cautious, he looked as if Anthony was gonna pop out of nowhere and break his face out.

They kept on playing slow songs but honestly I didn't care. My head rested on his shoulder but he didn't mind, he hummed along with the song in my ear, coaxing me to smile. It reminded me of the good times, of when we dated.

God those were good times. I can't lie but I do miss him, miss our relationship. He said he made a mistake, but why is it so hard to believe him? Was it because I was stubborn and my pride? Gabby always said I was stubborn and I didn't wanna ruin my 'pride'. Maybe she's right. Trusting Mikey again, who knows where that may lead to again.

"-attention here,"Hollie's voice filled the gym.

I groaned as Mikey and I pulled away, he gave a smile as we faced the stage where Hollie was, including Kylie, Delilah, and Maryse. I have to admit they do look stunning in those dresses. Then again they dress like they're going to a strip club even tonight.

They had the projector up and it made me curious as to what Hollie wanted.

She smirked as she looked my way,"guess what everyone. We all know that Mikey humiliated Savannah McKnight and that truly was a sight to see am I right?"

Everyone either agreed or was silent about the subject.

"What the hell is she doing Mikey?"I gritted between my teeth facing him.

"And guess what, they went on a date!"Hollie mimicking her excitement."And here it is."

Pictures of me and Mikey hanging out was showing up on the blank white wall. But the worst part was the audio.

"-how are things going on with you and Anthony?"

"Um good. Just a little awkward, he is like my second boyfriend ever."

"I was your first?"

I heard laughter-my laugh-,"yeah. Okay so I've never played spin the bottle, or suffer through 7 Minutes in Heaven. Yes you were my first boyfriend ever. I actually broke all the rules I've made for me."

"Oh really?"

Before it can get anymore embarrassing it broke. I turned to see Lita with the projector under her combat boots. Looking more angry than ever,"HOLLIE YOU SHE WITCH JUST WAIT TILL I GET MY HANDS ON YOU."

The other girls tried holding her down at the cackling Hollie who seemed amused by it all. Of course teachers tried controlling the rage of Lita but of course it wasn't working. She was beyond pissed.

I faced Mikey, tears formed in the back of my eyes as I looked at him. The guy I thought I loved was just a monster under,"h-how could you? I - I trusted you Mikey! And this is what you do to me? You couldn't have at least done something about it? You had to humiliate me again, in front of a crowd? God why do you like to see me suffer?"

"Savannah, I - I swear, I didn't do this!"he said reaching for my hands but I backed away. Immediately his facial features broke into hurt from my actions.

"I don't who the hell you are. And you can be sure that thanks to you, I am never coming here again. Never. Thanks Mikey, you broke me. Are you happy? Are you fucking happy with what you've done?"I choked out before turning around, picking up my dress and bolting out.

Thank god for cheer because I wouldn't have been able to run so far, especially in heels. But I didn't care, the pain in my heart made me feel numb from everything. 

God he had to do this to me? After all I've been doing to compose myself and begin to trust him again he does this messed up shit? I don't care if he did it or not, but I cnan assure you this guys.

Savannah McKnight will not be returning to Jefferson High.