Chapter 23: Lita

***Angelina's POV***

I was at the library of course, still working. People ask me why I was crying yesterday, but of course I didn't respond. They didn't really care about me, they just were sympathetic and pity me.

I was checking in the books people returned and listened to my iPod. The song playing was Almost Is Never Enough by Ariana Grande, I hummed along.

Then I saw a book put on the desk. I looked up to see..Lita?

She gave me a sly grin,"I was hoping to check this back in."

Lita looked..well back to normal. Back in her tight tank-top, baggy pants, combat boots, and her beanie.

"Lita,"I began.

"Look before you say anything, can we talk? I mean I know you're busy and all,"Lita said.

"Oh. Um, sure."

"Look Ang, I know that both of us are skeptical to be around our friends again. I get it, you're afraid of getting hurt again. Afraid to get close and make a bond and have it broken again-"

"No."

"What?"

"That's know why I'm afraid. I'm not afraid to make a bond with someone. Savannah leaving upsetted me, but that's not why I'm willing. Jason he said some things and of course he was right."

She growled,"they've changed. But that doesn't mean we should let them bring us down. Life's too short to worry about. I made a choice to finally let go, because I couldn't stand the pain. So I decided it was time for my last tear to fall, and smile again."

"Lita.."

"C'mon,"she urged.

I smiled slightly,"alright, but, not now though."

"Of course. Take as long as you need. But seriously I need to check in that book."

I smirked when I saw the title of the book 'Mortal Instruments Series: Book 1',"you would check out this book."

She put her hands up in surrender,"hey I was bored and the cover looked cool."

"You would pick a book based on the cover."

"I am offended by your statement."

"Well can you help me check back these books in?"

She scrunched her nose in disgust and groan,"ew..books."

I laughed,"c'mon it's not as bad as you think."

"No it is."

"Lita don't be a baby. If you can take down a few of The Populars, even the guys, then you can check in books."

"But books are nasty."

"Lita."

"Fine, mother."

"Oh ha ha."

"Was that sarcasm in your tone?"

"Yup...I'm around you too much."

"True."

***Gabby's POV***

"..Miss Friedman can you help Mr. DiPippa with his work?"our math teahcer, Mr. Buckley asked.

I rolled my eyes,"do I really have to?"

"Yes."

"Lord give me the strength now,"I muttered as I grab my books and backpack and moved to the seat next to Louis.