Chapter 40: "It's Beautiful"

***Gabby's POV***

(At The Dress Shop)

"-sorry Gabby, the dress is almost ready!"I heard Wes' mom-I mean Karen-shouted.

"It's fine Karen,"I muse before returning to my homework.

Right now me and Wes are still at the dress shop and figured that we might as well do our homework since we have nothing to do basically.

"Sorry about my mom,"Wes apologized.

My lips curved into a smile,"don't worry it's fine. I quite like your mom. She seems like an awesome mom."

"She is but sometimes she is just so embarrassing,"Wes said shaking his head.

I laughed at his retort,"but I like hearing your baby stories."

He chuckled as he doodled on the corner page of his math homework,"good to know Gab. Can't wait til I meet your mom."

"Who said I'd ever let you meet her,"I tease him as his cheeks turn to a bright rosy color."I'm kidding Wes!"

"I know, just, sometimes you're so cute,"He said softly.

I stopped doing my homework and turned my head so my eyes met with his.

"Sorry just, forget I ever said anything,"he muttered before turning his head down to his paper.

I put a finger under his chin and lifted it so he was looking at me,"but what if I don't wanna forget. Maybe I wanna remember,"I said quietly before leaning in.

We didn't even properly kiss, our lips just brush against each other but we didn't kiss. When we pulled away I slightly bit down on my lower lip as we stared into each other's eyes. His lips curved into a slight smile before leaning in once more and gently pressed his lips onto mine. I slowly started kissing back and when I did I felt him smile in the kiss. When we finally pulled away I blushed and look back down on my homework.

"I uh, sorry,"I apologized sheepishly.

"But I'm not,"he said to me.

 "Here you go!"Karen exclaimed as she came in the room which made me pull away from Wes even more. 

I got off my stool and walked towards Karen who had a beautiful dress in her hands. It was a long, strapless purple dress. The corset part of it was bejeweled with silver sparkles. There was a ribbon wrapped around the waist part of it with a purple bow on it with a huge silver jewel on it. It was a bit puffy but it still looked beautiful.

"Oh my god, it-it's beautiful,"I stammered as she handed it to me."How can I ever repay you?"

"It's free of charge. Keep it as a gift. I mean, you truly deserve it from what Wesley tells me,"she smiled.

I turned around and saw Wes standing behind me. He had a sly smile on and his hands deep in his pockets.

"Thank you,"I said as I gave him a hug and wrapped my arms on his shoulder.

"Don't worry about it,"he whispered in my ear as he wrapped his arms around my petite waist.

I noticed that Wes' mom left, probably to give us privacy.

"But, now all I need is a mask,"I muttered to myself.

"Now, that part I have done myself,''he said proudly as he pulled away.

"What?"I asked confused.

He went back to the counter and pulled out something. It was a mask.

It was a simple purple mask with black lace over it so it was kind of see through. To wear it you had to tie it with the bright, purple ribbons.

"How did you..?"

"I made it. I obviously am not a very artsy person but I tried. I found the white mask at a dollar store, spray paint it purple since I know that my mom was gonna make your dress purple. Then I got the black lace from my sister's old dress and put it over and I got the ribbons from my mom's supply closet,"he replied nervously.

"Wes, I - I love it,"I stammered.

"Hey, the least I can do, I mean you've been through a lot. Getting cheated on with the one of the biggest slut bag in school, having a douche of an ex, suffering without your friends, and the biggest of all. Being a Popular."

He actually cared for me. His words were so sincere and true that it made everything else seem fake. No one has done something nice to me in a long time, and he made the effort to show that he cared for me. He wanted to help rid of the past months. Going through the tough time of my friends and I seperating, one of my idol who I dreamed of dating cheating on me with one of the biggest sluts in school, and pretending who I am. Being a Popular's changed me. Now I don't even know who I am anymore. But hopefully Wes can help me find myself and help me through this all.

"I wanna help you,"He muttered into my ears and he pulled me into another hug.

"Thank you,"I murmured.

Maybe this is for the better. Maybe Wes is meant to be with me instead of Louis, maybe being with Louis wasn't right for me, who knows maybe being with Wes was meant to be. For the past few months along the hard struggle I manage to lose who I am. Putting on a fake smile is easy. People lied saying 'I care for you', but I'm a better liar because I've put a fake smile on my face everytime and yet they always fall for it.

"And you know that I'm always here for you right? No matter what I'll be here to help  you,"Wes said to me, staring into my dull blue eyes that lost its gleam long ago.

He tucked a whisp of my hair that fell out of its place and place it behind my ear before leaning in and giving me a kiss.

I kissed back, but, something in my stomach told me that this was wrong. That Wes shouldn't be the one doing this to me.

Finally updated. And lol I wasn't at school on Friday and this girl in my class got in trouble so many times she used my name and there was a sub, can't wait to see her face when I come to school with papers saying I wasn't here x)

Much Love Guys.

~IaMmE_Chick

xx