Chapter 43 Part ll: Masquerade Ball

***Gabby's POV***

I smiled when I saw the car drive in my driveway. Sitting at the passenger seat was Savannah. And well Trevor, her guy cheerleading friend.

I picked up my dress and sat in the back,"hey Sav."

She smiled at me,"Hey Gab. Trev this is my friend Gabby and Gab this is my friend from SMOED; Trevor."

"Nice to meet you,"he piped up.

"Same here,"I smiled. 

"So, if you girls need anything just ask me, um, Gabby Savannah should have my phone number so just in case-"Trevor rambled on.

"Take a breather or you'll choke, like I'm not even in kidding,"Savannah chuckled as she fiddled with the ribbon lace of her masquerade mask.

"Alright, just, be careful. I don't want Jenee to scold me, or worse: Kelsey,"he said horrified making a face.

"Who knew cheerleaders were deadly? Then again if Savannah is one I know already,"I giggled as I checked my social media on my phone.

Oooh, Mac Harmon just posted a selfie on Instagram. Without even thinking I double tapped before shoving my phone back in my metallic, gold clutch.

I looked out the window and just replayed what happened yesterday, one of the most bittersweet Friday nights ever. The night of Anthony's house party.

"Hey Gabbs,"Jade greeted before giving me a short hug."Where's Wes? I assumed he was gonna be with you."

I sighed but managed a smile as I ran my hand through my waved hair,"nope just me. He actually couldn't come. His Grandpa just went to the hospital cause he had a seizure. His parents and siblings as well. I don't even know if he's gonna go the to dance with me tomorrow."

She pouted,"awe poop. Well doesn't matter. You can always hang with me, Jesy, and Leigh-Anne. You can be a single Pringle with us!"

I laughed at her similies,"sure, maybe. Anyway where's Per?"

She rolled her eyes,"hopefully not snogging with Spencer."

"Lita?"

"With Andre and Andrea and the three of them are picking up food."

"Savannah?"

"Anthony. Most likely snogging."

I chuckled and shook my head at how silly she put my friends' situation,"alright-"

"But,"she cut me off. She bit her lower lip,"I have bad news." 

I groaned as I threw my head back,"ugh you Brit!"

"Wow so every bad situation you blame all us Brits,"she muttered sarcastically."But, the guys are here."

My eyes widened,"Louis? Fuckin' Louis Paul DiPippa?!"

"Language there. Continue and you'll turn into a sailor. And yes."

"With Maryse?"I asked doubtfully.

"Nope. Just him, Madison, Mikey, and Jason. The guys only. I'm guessing because either Anthony didn't invite them, or the guys didn't want them to go,"she chirped.

I frowned,"most likely number 1. I'm gonna go get some fresh air."

"Careful, lots of teens and well Anthony's neighbor's cat Pumpkin,"she informed. Then shuddered,"damn cat."

I laughed before saying bye and heading out to Anthony's backyard. He's lucky he lives in the rich neighborhoods of L.A. Then again his dad is like the king of commercials and his mom is like an airess or something. But of course he always says that he's just saying that, he is modest Anthony as we like to call him.

I sat Anthony and Savannah from the corner of my eye going into the house. Her on his back causing her into fits of laughter. I smiled at the happiness of my best friend. Maybe me and Louis will be like that one day. Wait, did I Louis? I meant Wes.

"-hey um, is it ok if I sit here?"someone ask, gesturing the the empty space of grass next to me.

"Sure,"I say looking up, but I wish I hadn't. It was Louis of course, god this is way to cheesy and planned. It's like God wanted us to be together. Bleh.

We just sat next to each other in silence. Well the muffle of loud music in the house, the shouts of teens from our schools almost everywhere. But we sat in the reserve part of the backyard in the back where no one really went. But I had perfect view of the back of the house, the pool, and well some teens of course. I think one is thinking of throwing Pumpkin in the pool. Who knows.

"Can we talk?"he spoke after moments of awkward silence.

"Sure,"I mumbled.

He sighed, I could tell he was practicing in his head or maybe he did before he came here."Gabby, god I am so sorry. Cheating on you was such a mistake."

"Please never lie to me because I'll find out in the end,"I basically pleaded.

His face showed hurt at my words."Gabrielle, I - I'm not lying. When I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew."

I couldn't help but giggle,"quoting Shakespeare aye?"

He chuckled,"yeah. But I was horrible wwhen you ended it."

"Yeah but at school it doesn't seem like it."

"That because I act like everything is fine. I laugh at people's jokes, I do silly things with my friends and I act like I have a carefree life. It's funny though. When I come back home, I just turn off that mental switch. I suddenly break down. I feel alone, empty, tired, I can't exactly describe how I feel into words. It's like I have 2 different me's. One for the public and one for myself."

"You're not lonely, you have Maryse."

"Yeah but it feels like I'm not really with her. Like I'm alone. Love is unpredictable..but is commonly found in the strangest places."

"You got that right."

"Remember our first date?"

"How could I forget, you spilled soda on your lap."

His cheeks blushed furiously but he laughed anyway,"true. And that made my jeans shrunk."

"True. And well, you um, you actually almost tripped that little boy."

"He pushed me and it was by accident,"he protested.

"I know."

He leaned in and before I could process what was gonna happen he pressed his lips against mine. I tried to resist but his lips coaxed me to kiss back. When I did I felt him smile. The kiss was tender and it made me miss his kisses so much. He pulled away and our eyes locked.

My cheeks heat up as I looked to my lap and fiddled with my now clammy hands,"so uh..."

Finally I updated! Praise da lord guys!

Much Love Guys.

~IaMmE_Chick

xx