Chapter 34: Cheap Date

***Angelina's POV***

I headed to the mall with my older sister Claire to find a mask and a dress. 

"Ooh this store looks cute,"Claire squealed as she dragged me to a store.

I rolled my eyes as she rambled on and on about how I had to choose the perfect dress. But as my sister did one dress caught my eye. It was a light pink dress that was strapless but had one lace strap on and it had like black lace on one side of the dress. Plus a black ribbon belt.

I stepped forward and looked at the dress. It's perfect. The dress of my dreams. Now all I need is a mask.

"How much does the dress cost?"Claire questioned.

I checked the price tag,"uh $60.99."

"That's enough, mom gave us $100, so shoes and a mask that's all,"Claire shrugged.

I took the dress of the rack and headed to the register, I paid for the dress and headed to another store with Claire as I held the shopping bag.

Claire chose the shoes for me,  a pair of black pumps just 2 inches tall so I won't fall. Now all that's next is a mask.

"-one last shop, then we can go,"Claire begged.

"Claire, the dance isn't tell a week,"I stated.

"Please."

"Fine. You pick the mask, I sit outside and wait,"I shrugged.

"Uh no thank you, you lazy ass,"she teased as she pulled me, yet again, by my arm and I groaned in annoyance and laziness.

Claire ranted on how lazy I was and I took that offensively because uh excuse me I work very hard on being lazy and I ain't lettin' no one judge me and my hardwork of being lazy.

Yeah...I should probably lay off the sugar for awhile...

"Here, this will look beautiful on you,"Claire smiled as she handed me a mask.

This mask..I don't know how to describe how I feel right now. The mask was a light pink colored, bright silver glitter on it, pink glitter around the little eye holes, a silver metallic ribbon on the top of it, and finally a hot pink ribbon to tie it.

"I'll take it as a yes,"she chuckled as she headed to the register and paid the cashier with the last of the money.

Then she headed towards me and threw her arms around me,"I am so proud of you ya know?"she whispered in my ear.

I don't know what I did to make her proud but I accepted her hug.

"You think out loud. And Ang, I'm proud because you have come so far. You're so grown up, you've been through so much, but yet you manage to go through it all. You, Angelina, are my little warrior."

~*~Monday~*~

Lunch. The only period I actually really care about. Mostly because that was the only period I have with the other girls.

Instead of sitting at the table all of us were outside sitting on the ground leaning against the brick wall and we had perfect view of the outdoor basketball courts. Guys older than us, probably seniors were playing but we didn't really care. I mean some of the guys in our group are seniors.

I sat next to Dylan and rested my head on his shoulder, but he didn't seem to mind.

The only sounds were the small chats we had, Jade and Perrie playing their ukulele and them, Leigh-Anne and Jesy muttering lyrics from a song. A song called 'Cheap Date' by Lateeya.