Chapter 18

*Tyler POV*

I felt him grab my phone out of my back pocket. What was he doing? He put the phone up to his ear and began talking. The first thing he said was Troye. This made my heart sink. I wanted to yell help but I just couldn't get the words out. He hung up and gave me my phone back. 

"If you as much as unlock your phone, something is going to happen to your beloved Troye." He said to me.

That's when it hit me.

The only reason he is doing this is because he hates that I haven't told him anything about my life. He's just being a butthurt dickhead about it. I decided I would follow all their orders and not speak. I knew exactly how to handle this situation. After about 20 minutes, he asked me about Troye. I didn't want to say anything. I felt a tap on my head and I looked back to find a man staring at me with a look of 'you better answer him' on his face. 

"What do you want to know." I said to him, firmly.

"Everything. I want every detail." He sighed, showing signs of regret. He knew what he was doing and that he shouldn't be. 

I was about to speak when he got up and told whoever was driving to stop.

"Tyler. I just want to be a father to you. More than anything. I thought this would change things. I was completely wrong. I know I should just let you go, but then your life mission would be to come and find me to send me to jail. I'm so sorry Tyler. All I want is for you to like me, now I know that isn't possible."

This put me in shock. I sat there, moving my phone around in my hands nervously and looked down at the ground. I didn't know what to think. I felt the same, but then again, I didn't. There was no way I was going to include him in my life after this. 

"Look, you didn't have to fly me out to Michigan or fucking kidnap me, you could have just called. But still. For 10 years, you barely said anything to me, and you think I still want you as my father? Maybe if you just called and had a friendly conversation, but this? I can never ever include you as a part of my life now. It's not like I wouldn't have before." It took awhile for me to finally realize what I had just said and when I finally did, I felt a sense of peace.

Nobody said a word for a long time until we heard a lot of cars pull up next to us. My father started to panic and I was happy. I knew for a fact that Troye, the one I loved, had found me. I looked over at my dad and he nodded, telling me that it was over. We heard a pound on the back door and then it opened and all I saw was bright sunlight. After being blinded, I saw a crying face in the back of a police car. I walked out of the van and the boy with the tears running down his face ran up to me. This was one of the best moments of my life. The love of my life had come to save me. We hugged it out before watching my father and the other men get put into the back of a car and driven away. We were all together.

"So I see you've met my mother!" I said to Troye as I reached for his hand, intertwining our fingers.

"You two are so cute together." She leaned toward my ear and whispered: "Don't ever let him go."