Chapter 29

*Troye POV*

I woke up the next morning and the bed was empty. I didn't hear the shower running or pans in the kitchem, so I was a little worried.

I got out of bed and pulled on shorts and a shirt and walked out to the living room. No Tyler.

I picked his phone up from the couch and opened it, he trusted me with his passcode. It opened up to a text message from a number that I didn't know and it read "come outside, leave everything."

This scared me. I immediately ran into the bedroom to get my phone and put shoes on and ran outside.

I looked around like a helpless child who got lost in the grocery store. I felt a wetness on my cheek and I tasted salt. This felt worse than before. I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach that something was wrong.

"Tyler!?" I shouted, hoping for a response.

My phone rang, it was Joey.

"Hello?" I said, holding back my sobs.

"Troye, are you alright? I tried calling Tyler to see if you two wanted to get lunch but he didn't answer."

"Well, actually, could you come by?" I asked him.

"Of course. I am only about 5 minutes away."

"Okay, thank you so much, I'll be outside. Hurry." I said to him as I hung up the phone.

About five minutes later his blue Prius pulled into the little gravel lot behind Tyler's apartment.

"Troye, is everything all right?" He said to me as he walked up, obviously noticing my red, bloodshot eyes.

"Tyler, he-he's gone." I said as I sobbed harder.

"Oh my, come on, let's get you inside." I felt him pull me up and lead me into the living room. "What happened?" He asked as we sat down on the couch.

"I-I don't know. I just woke up and he wasn't here." I looked down at the floor. How could I let this happen? I picked up Tyler's phone and opened to the message. "I found this too. It's from about an hour ago." I handed him the phone.

He looked at the message and then to me. "Have you um, tried calling the number?" He asked me.

"No, I was really scared. I still am." I confessed.

"I will, if that's alright." He looked up at me and I nodded.

"Put it on speaker?" I asked him as he hit call.

Joey hit the speaker button and we listened intently to the tone. Someone picked up the phone.

"Who the fuck is this?" The voice said. I couldn't tell if the question was directed towards us or someone else. It seemed like both.

"Hi, um, I was just wondering, who is this?" Joey said. 

"Are you fucking kidding?" This was clearly not directed at us. I hit the mute button on the call and told Joey that we needed to take this to the police. It sounded serious. I unmuted the call and Joey opened his mouth then closed it again.

"Excuse me, do you know where Tyler is?" Joey said. I wasn't ready for him to do that, but it had to be done.

"6378 Sider Lane. 20 minutes." The voice said, before hanging up. I felt even more tears than before, I wasn't ready to have to go on another desperate search for Tyler.

"We need to go to the police. Now." Joey said. I was way ahead of him, already grabbing mine and Tyler's phones and rushing out to Joey's car. I wasn't ready for this.