Chapter 9

We arrived to Hogwarts. Darkness filled the sky and the dark was everywhere but inside the train. The lights from the train illuminated the path ways for us.

"Right, then! First years! This way, please! Come on, now, don't be shy! Come on now, hurry up!" I big man who could a giant says to all of us getting off the boat. Harry ,Ron, and I walk up to him. "Hello, Harry." He says to Harry.

"Hey, Hagrid." Harry responds to him.

"Whoa!" Ron says, amazed.

"Right then. This way to the boats! Come on, now, follow me." Hagrid instructed all the first years.

There were boats on a lake. Harry, Ron and I share a boat. All of us first year were in awe at our surroundings.

Once the boats started moving, we all look up at the castle in amazement. Hogwarts in the glow of the moonlight looks amazing!

I continue to look up at the castle, it was so surreal. Once we got to Hogwarts we all got out of the boats and followed Hagrid inside of Hogwarts.

Everyone was looking around. This place was huge! Uncle Sev told me stories of Hogwarts and how big it was but he undersold the massiveness of this place.

We were lead to a stair case were we all stopped. Hagrid left us with, who I presume, is another professor. She had her robes on that were an emerald green, and had her hair pulled back into a bun, and a witch hat.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. Now, while you are here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup" she tells us, I think I remember Uncle Sev telling me that professor McGonagall would be taking us to the sorting ceremony, this must be her.

Suddenly a nervous boy calls out "Trevor!" And goes forward and pics up a toad.. I guess that was who lost it on the train. McGonagall looks down at him. "Sorry." He says to here softly and walks back to were he was but with his road.

"The sorting ceremony with begin momentarily." She tells us and leaves.

Suddenly Draco walks up to us, a smirk playing on his lips as he looks at Harry.

"It's true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts. This is Crabbe, and Goyle and I'm Malfoy...Draco Malfoy." Ron suddenly snickers. "Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair, and a hand me down robe? You must be a Weasley. Well soon find that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. Dont want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." Draco says to Harry and extends his hand. I was a tiny bit shocked that Draco was acting like that, but then I remember what his father is like and the shock vanished..

"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself. Thanks." Harry says to Draco not even glancing at his hand.

Draco glares at Harry. McGonagall returns and taps Draco on the shoulder with a rolled up paper. Draco walks away with a final glare at Harry.

I look over my shoulder to Draco he sees me and gives me a frown, i give him a half smile.

"We're ready for you now." McGonagall states. I turn to face forward, as she lead the way.

She leads us through this big door, into the great hall, there was four long tables and floating candles. The roof looked looked like the night sky!

People were talking about the sky and such. I didn't pay much mind to them.

Dumbledore rises from his seat at the main table. "I have a few start of term notices I wish to announce. The first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch has asked me to remind you that the 3rd floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you." He tells us, which kinda freaked me out.. No death for me please I only just got here!

"When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses. Hermione Granger." McGonagall calls out.

"Oh, no. Okay, relax." I hear her whisper to herself as she walks past us and to the stool that held a raggedy hat.

"Mental that one, I'm telling you." Ron whispers to us. I stood behind the boys. Harry nods in agreement. I don't respond. She's nervous so I won't judge.

The sorting hat seems to mumble something before yelling "Gryffindor!!"

The Gryffindor table erupts in cheers, the hat is removed from her head and she walk to the table and takes a seat.

Draco gets called next. Before the hat even touches his head it shouts "Slytherin!"

Ron made a snide comment saying there wasn't a witch or wizard that hasn't gone bad from Slytherin. Which I found utterly dumb.

More people went, Ron got placed into Gryffindor. And then Harry got called up.

The entire hall went silent. Harry made his way to the hat. As Harry sat on the stool, the hat started to talk to Harry, the Harry started to whisper something. I couldn't tell what he was saying but I could tell he was repeatedly saying it to the hat.

Then the hat shouted, "GRYFFINDOR!"

The table cheers, and some twins at the table started cheering 'we got potter we got potter.' Harry walks over to the table and takes a seat.

After the cheering died down Professor McGonagal says my name, "Rose Evans."

I take a breath and walk up to the stole, I could feel a lot of eyes on me. I look up to Uncle Sev, he's also staring at me with curiosity. I reach the stool and take a seat.

The hat gets placed on my head. "Ah.. An Evans... My my young girl... Very bright just like your mother, and has just as much courage as your father.." The hat says to me. I blink in a tiny bit of shock. My parents?

"Ah I can see more potential in you as well, very cunning, very powerful.. And so much loyalty... But where to put you?.." The hat says.. "Difficult, very difficult..."

I close my eyes. Knowing that the hat was taking to long... I take a deep breath and wait..

"Ah, yes I know...." The hat says before shouting.

______________________
Another chapter finished!
What house do you think she'll end up in?
Thanks for waiting and I hope you enjoy!
Vote
Comment
Share
Lots of luv~ snowflake