Chapter 19

In the library. Harry,Ron, and I are seating just reading something for our classes. Hermione comes up with a huge book. She thumps it onto the table. Causing Harry to jump.

"I had you looking in the wrong section! How could I be so stupid? I checked this out a few weeks ago for a bit of light reading." Hermione says to Harry.

"This is light?" Ron questions

" Of course! Here it is! 'Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone!'" Hermione says, with a glare to Ron.

"The what?" Ron and Harry ask confused.

"Really!" I ask, as the same time as the boys said 'what'.

Hermione gives me a tiny smile, then rolls her eyes at the boys, "Honestly, don't you two read? 'The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It will turn any metal into pure gold and produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal.'"She explains to the boys.

"Immortal?" Ron questions.

"It means you'll never die." I tell him.

"I know what it means!" Ron says trying to defend himself.

"Shh!" Harry Shushes him.

"'The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr.Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist, who last year celebrated his 665th birthday!' That's what Fluffy's guarding on the 3rd floor. That's what's under the trapdoor...the Philosopher's Stone!" Hermione informs us.

We all look at each other.

~~~~~

It's Nighttime.Some how Hermione, Ron and Harry had convinced me to meet them all, after hours. All four of us run across the wet ground to Hagrids hut. We knock on the door and it opens.

"Hagrid!" Harry exclaims happily.

Hagrid is wearing oven mitts and an apron "Oh, hello. Sorry, don't wish to be rude, but I'm in no fit state to entertain today." Hagrid says to us trying to closes the door. We all knew what we had to say.

All 4 of us shout "We know about the Philosopher's Stone!"

Hagrid slowly reopens the door. "Oh." was all he said.

Hagrid ushers us to come in.

"We think Snape's trying to steal it." Harry says without any hesitation.

"WHAT!" I shout, shocked. I know i'm not on good turns with him at the moment, but i don't think that he's tried to still the Philosopher's Stone!

"Snape? Blimey, Harry, you're not still on about him, are you?" Hagrid says to him. Still? What!

"Hagrid, we know he's after the Stone. We just don't know why." Harry tells Hagrid. I just stare at him a bit mad.

"Snape is one of the teachers protecting the Stone! He's not about to steal it!" Hagrid tells Harry.

"Exactly! Thank You." I say.

"What?" Harry asks confused.

"You heard. Right. Come on, now, I'm a bit preoccupied today." Hagrid says, now trying to get us out.

"Wait a minute. One of the teachers?" Harry questions.

"Of course! There are other things defending the Stone, aren't there? Spells, enchantments."Hermione says, as if it were the most obvious thing ever.

"That's right. Waste of bloody time, if you ask me. Ain't no one gonna get past Fluffy. Hehe, not a soul knows how. Except for me and Dumbledore... I shouldn't have told you that. I shouldn't have told you that." A cauldron over a fire begins to rattle. "Oh! " Hagrid hurries over and grabs something. "Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!" he puts the thing, on the table. We all crowd around.

"Uh, Hagrid, what exactly is that?" I ask, very confused.

"That? It's a ... its um..." Hagrid tries to say stuttering.

"I know what that is! But Hagrid, how did you get one?" Ron asks astonished.

"I won it. Off a stranger I met down at a pub. Seemed quite glad to be rid off it, as a matter of fact." Hagrid tells us, happily then gets a bit suspicions towards the end.

The thing rattles and cracks. Pieces fly off as a dragon emerges. It squeaks and slips on an egg piece.

"Is that...a dragon?" Hermione asks.

"That's not just a dragon. That's a Norwegian Ridgeback! My brother Charlie works with these in Romania." Ron says, again astonished.

"Isn't he beautiful? Oh. Bless him, look. He knows his mummy. Hehe. Hallo, Norbert." Hagrid says, proudly. The dragon squeaks as it looks at Hagrid.

"Norbert?" Harry and I question.

"Yeah, well, he's got to have a name, doesn't he?" Hagrid says to us.

Ron just starts laughing lightly at what Hagrid said.

"Don't you, Norbert?" Hagird says to the dragon. He raises his fingers back and forth across Norberts chin. Norbert backs away, hiccups and blows a fireball of fire into Hagrid's beard.

"Ohh! Oooh, ooh, ooh, well...he'll have to be trained up a bit, of course." Hagrid sputters out with an awkward laugh after patting away the flames. Norbert hiccups again. "Who's that? " Hagrid asks us, looking towards the window. We all look just when the person scampers away.I look just in time to recognize who it was.

"Draco" I whisper, shocked and scared that found us.

"Malfoy." Harry says a bit angrily.

"Oh, dear." Hagrid says, with a gulp.

________________________________
Dun dun dun! Hope this seemed good for you people. Let me know your predictions!
Vote
Comment
Share
Lots of luv~ snowflake